Clerical Mistakes in Logic Games Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
onlyhere4fun

New

Clerical Mistakes in Logic Games

Post by onlyhere4fun » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:23 pm

I've noticed that the biggest reason I'm not doing better in LG (I tend to get around -6ish) is that I make mistakes when shorthanding the rules. I sometimes either misinterpret a rule or I will switch up a variable ( The rule says T before W and I will write down T before V for some reason). The time it takes for me to recognize that I made the mistake (if I even recognize I made it) and to change my deductions/scenarios for a game really hurts my performance. This might be due to moving too quickly but I'm not sure. I feel like I could get a high LG score consistently if I didn't make these sorts of mistakes. Has anyone gone through something similar during their prep and overcame it? And if you did could you please share how you did it? Any other general tips for dealing with this would be greatly appreciated!

poptart123

Silver

Re: Clerical Mistakes in Logic Games

Post by poptart123 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:55 pm

I went through these, and I don't know if you already do this, but after writing down all of the rules, I make sure to double check them in case I wrote a variable wrong or some logic backwards. I usually caught myself doing this once per section, and it can definitely mess up 1-2 questions if not a whole game. Attention to detail goes a long way on the LSAT, whether it be logic games, RC, or LR. It's something I struggled with. People like me need to really focus on it if they aren't naturally detailed.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”