Getting in and staying in the zone come test day

CoGar

Getting in and staying in the zone come test day

Postby CoGar » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:22 pm

Hey everyone,

Im curious as to what are some of your topics to getting in the zone from section to section and not loosing concentration for 35 minutes. There been certain sections, mostly on LG and LR where i get in the zone. -0,1 or 2. I cant be stopped and everything just comes together. Other times i find myself getting distracted, having to read rules or stimulus' over and over and end around -8,9,10.

HOW CAN I CHANNEL THIS FLOW (for any Malcolm Gladwell nerds out there) what are are your tactics?? I know i have the skills needed for success i just need to better channel it

Thanks in advance for the replays and hope everyone's studying is going smoothly. 2 more weeks for us September peeps!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Mikey

Re: Getting in and staying in the zone come test day

Postby Mikey » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:29 pm

CoGar wrote: 2 more weeks for us September peeps

Anxiety rises

RamTitan

Postby RamTitan » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:11 pm

Think about how much more money each extra point entitles you to

bmathers

Postby bmathers » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:19 pm

RamTitan wrote:Think about how much more money each extra point entitles you to

That's a recipe for stress and anxiety.

RamTitan

Postby RamTitan » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:30 pm

bmathers wrote:

It all depends on the person; it's a big factor that helps me out. With that said, I think if you're having trouble focusing while taking this test, you're already screwed

Rupert Pupkin

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:08 am

RamTitan wrote:
bmathers wrote:

It all depends on the person; it's a big factor that helps me out. With that said, I think if you're having trouble focusing while taking this test, you're already screwed

Hahaa I agree with Ram in some sense that if it the test has a bigger motivation to you than just getting x score just think about that during it and get yourself hyped up. I run off adrenaline so thats what i do. If you find yourself losing focus.. just take a second pause/deep breath and then start crushing questions again.

KunAgnis

Postby KunAgnis » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:14 am

I usually came into the test center early - being there early helped me acclimate and feel comfortable by the time the test started. As for during the test - I would just meditate by closing my eyes just before it starts for a good five minutes and it would help me get into a good mind set. I'm not sure what else you could do, apart from medication.

Kaziende

Postby Kaziende » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:45 am

Do you find it harder to concentrate at the beginning of your first section or toward the end of the test?

If it's the beginning, warm up with a section's worth of questions untimed before you start the test.
If you fade at the end, do some endurance work in the next two weeks. Consider taking two PTs back to back.

caitlinrw

Postby caitlinrw » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:03 pm

I personally did no extra questions or review the day of the exam. Just get there early, focus on your goals and what you've been preparing for, and ace the exam. Make small talk with some, stay away from those that are talking about how good their last score was or how much they prepared, they usually psych you out. If you've prepared enough, then when the real thing comes, you really will have no choice but to be in the zone. That's how I was.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”