Is it normal to be intimidated by this forum/not feel the pressure that everyone else is feeling

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Persianlsnyc

New

Is it normal to be intimidated by this forum/not feel the pressure that everyone else is feeling

Postby Persianlsnyc » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:58 pm

I haven't really read these forums much, but after a long read today I'm freaking out because I feel like I have way undershot studying comparatively. Everyone on here is talking about how much you should be studying and how much they continue to study, and I've only put in around 15 hours/week the last 2 months. Are people on here the norm? Should I have been studying more? Is this the standard everyones working at? I'm decently content with where I'm PT'ing, but reading the extent to which people on this forum are studying makes me think I should have done more to increase my current testing score. I guess it's too late now, but you guys intimidate me and make me feel incompetent. Is that normal?
Last edited by Persianlsnyc on Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

proteinshake

Gold

Re: Is it normal to be intimidated by this forum/not feel the pressure that everyone else is feeling

Postby proteinshake » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:09 pm

it is normal. everyone should fear and be intimidated by the September Study Group.

proteinshake

Gold

Re: Is it normal to be intimidated by this forum/not feel the pressure that everyone else is feeling

Postby proteinshake » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:11 pm

but you're scoring a 172 and you're content, so nothing else really matters.

R. Jeeves

Gold

Postby R. Jeeves » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:13 pm

youre fine dude. i guess I understand being intimidated by people's scores, but why would you would feel intimidated by their study schedules per se if you're PTing at higher a level than a lot of people on this forum?

and i know different things work for different people, but i think that a lot of people here are putting in a detrimental number of hours into their LSAT prep. around ~12hrs a week on average did the trick for me. And as an LSAT tutor i generally don't encourage clients to put in more than ~15hrs a week tops.

anyway, the number of hours you study is the means, and the score is the end. if youre PTing at a score you like and youre content with the pace at which youre progressing, then theres no reason to feel like you need to put more hours in

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:36 pm

proteinshake wrote:it is normal. everyone should fear and be intimidated by the September Study Group.

^^ We crush

But seriously... Don't be intimidated. You are already performing extremely well and if anything it should be looked at from the perspective of motivation. I like surrounding myself by people who are scoring higher than I am...and in turn this pushes me to work harder.

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Postby Barack O'Drama » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:07 pm

LOL :lol: :lol:

Normal to be intimidated by people on the internet? Yeah, I guess it can be normal.

15 hours a week isn't bad, though. I have recently ramped it up, but I was doing 15-20 while working for a while. I think consistency is more important. A lot of my friends IRL who are taking/took the LSAT would study like 2 days a week for like 12 hours. And that never seemed to work. So I think 15 hours a day, averaging 2 hours a day, is a good place. So I wouldn't think you should be intimidated.

Also, if you're scoring in the 170s that is even better. I don't really suggest putting too much stock on internet forums and what people on them claim (keyword CLAIM) they are doing.
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:04 pm

From others' comments, you're PTing around 172? If so, don't be intimidated by anyone, that's a damn good place to be.

If it makes you feel better, I've been studying since January and you're doing better than me, so, there's that. (I'm a natural LSAT idiot I suppose)

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�