How do I improve LG?

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
sanduo

New

How do I improve LG?

Postby sanduo » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:36 am

Hello guys,
I have already read LG bible and after 2 weeks I started to do timed prep tests.I did 6 tests and I did horribly on the all LG sections. Right now I am aiming for Dec LSAT.
I couldn't do LG fast enough, and is it because of the lack of drill?
I am planning to read more books or use more videos on LG. What book should I use?( At hand I have 7 sage video, Manhattan LG, Master LSAT, LSAT trainer)
Or should I even use new materials? Or I should just reread LGB and do Cambridge Drills( PT1-38)?

Thank you so much~

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Re: How do I improve LG?

Postby Barack O'Drama » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:00 am

sanduo wrote:Hello guys,
I have already read LG bible and after 2 weeks I started to do timed prep tests.I did 6 tests and I did horribly on the all LG sections. Right now I am aiming for Dec LSAT.
I am planning to read more books or use more videos on LG. What book should I use?( At hand I have 7 sage video, Manhattan LG, Master LSAT, LSAT trainer)
Or should I even use new materials? Or I should just reread LGB and do Cambridge Drills( PT1-38)?

Thank you so much~

Whoa- first, stop doing PTs. You are wasting them. You are NOT anywhere near ready for them. They should be used more as barometers or progress; not where you do the bulk of learning the basics.

December also is not a good idea unless you are doing well on the other sections. But that is a conversation for another topic.

I would say to re-read the Bible or consider getting a 7Sage course. That is where I got good at LGs. I also liked Manhattan LG for grouping was good, but I think 7Sage is a more clean and straightforward approach. No gimmicks.

Use the 7Sage foolproof method and drill Cambridge Packets 1-38. That is what I did. LG was my weakest section, so I focused on it solely for a month and came out of that intensive infinitely better.
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sanduo

New

Postby sanduo » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:13 am

Barack O'Drama wrote:

Thank you so much~

Whoa- first, stop doing PTs. You are wasting them. You are NOT anywhere near ready for them. They should be used more as barometers or progress; not where you do the bulk of learning the basics.

December also is not a good idea unless you are doing well on the other sections. But that is a conversation for another topic.

I would say to re-read the Bible or consider getting a 7Sage course. That is where I got good at LGs. I also liked Manhattan LG for grouping was good, but I think 7Sage is a more clean and straightforward approach. No gimmicks.

Use the 7Sage foolproof method and drill Cambridge Packets 1-38. That is what I did. LG was my weakest section, so I focused on it solely for a month and came out of that intensive infinitely better.

Thank you very much for your advice!

Deardevil

Bronze

Postby Deardevil » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:47 am

Did you attempt the ReChallenge at the end of the Bible?

I went through it once, revisited each individual game, did every single one, then went -3 out of all 28 games.
Familiarity definitely helps, but, like LR [and even RC], you will realize that every game is more or less similar.

In sum, keep drilling tons of games, even ones that you are okay with;
when you stumble upon a game that looks like something you've tinkered with, you will destroy it with ease and swiftness.

Kopetz

Bronze

Postby Kopetz » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:50 am

Barack O'Drama wrote:

Thank you so much~

+180

OP, are you missing questions on LG in addition to not finishing the games? Accuracy should be your primary concern on LG, because speed tends to follow. Until you're consistently and systematically able to complete games with few or no errors, don't worry about speed.

studyingeveryday

Silver

Postby studyingeveryday » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:01 pm

You need to drill drill drill and review review review to improve at LG! The more you practice games and review your processes to keep improving on how you do games next time, and thus continue to refine your process, the more you'll improve.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:00 pm

Redo the same games over and over AND OVER again. Time yourself individually for each game once you have your accuracy down, and see which ones still give you trouble, time wise.

There is no secret to LG. All you can do is just do a crap ton of games, and redo them all as well.

sanduo

New

Postby sanduo » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:46 pm

studyingeveryday wrote:You need to drill drill drill and review review review to improve at LG! The more you practice games and review your processes to keep improving on how you do games next time, and thus continue to refine your process, the more you'll improve.

Thanks a lot!

sanduo

New

Postby sanduo » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:46 pm

TheMikey wrote:Redo the same games over and over AND OVER again. Time yourself individually for each game once you have your accuracy down, and see which ones still give you trouble, time wise.

There is no secret to LG. All you can do is just do a crap ton of games, and redo them all as well.

Thanks a lot!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�