Logic Games HELP!!! (2 Weeks until LSAT) Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
ajpetey14

New

Logic Games HELP!!! (2 Weeks until LSAT)

Post by ajpetey14 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:53 pm

What do you guys think would be a good study schedule for someone looking to improve the logic games section by 5-8 points in a 2 week period? I've been scoring between 157-161 getting anywhere from 10-13 right in the section. I have the Logic Games Bible and Workbook, as well as pretty much every practice test that has ever existed...what should I do? Is it even possible to raise it this much in such a short time?

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Re: Logic Games HELP!!! (2 Weeks until LSAT)

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:50 pm

It all depends on how you think and how quickly you catch on. Most here would say your goal is a stretch, but impossible aint impossible at all...Sooo.. my best advice is really pay close attention to the different game-types (knowing the fundamentals), drill by type and then drill PT LG sections. I found during my prep that LG did click pretty quickly and I suddenly made a huge jump in my LG score.

Best of luck mate!

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Post by Barack O'Drama » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:19 pm

ajpetey14 wrote:What do you guys think would be a good study schedule for someone looking to improve the logic games section by 5-8 points in a 2 week period? I've been scoring between 157-161 getting anywhere from 10-13 right in the section. I have the Logic Games Bible and Workbook, as well as pretty much every practice test that has ever existed...what should I do? Is it even possible to raise it this much in such a short time?

Do a logic games intensive and just focus on doing games from now until the test. Do enough LR/RC that you don't atrophy, but focus on games.

The bible is good, utilize the 7Sage explanations, and basically keep re-doing games until you can do them all in 5-8 minutes. 8 being for the more challenging ones; 5 being for the easier. 7Sage videos will tell you where you need to be aiming.

Also, if you are still missing 10-13 per section in games and STILL scoring a 160, postpone until December. By then you'll be -1/-0 on games with enough practice and your score will be nearly a 170. Applying in Jan with a 170 > applying in November with a 161. The games section can easily be learned, but it takes time. Probably closer to a month and change, but it doable.

Good Luck!
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Instrumental

Silver

Post by Instrumental » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:28 pm

I agree with President O'Drama that you should probably take it in December. Although at this point, you may as well take the September test since I don't think you can get a refund at this point. You'll get a trial run which may help remove jitters from when you take the Dec. test. In LG, you just have to get into a rhythm. They sometimes throw a curve at you, but for the most part, it's formulaic, so consider the steps you take in how to set up a scenario and then pitfalls you experienced, and think out a gameplan of approach. As a standard for me, I immediately write out the pieces, write out the gameboard and map out extra gameboards if the rules/limitations of the scenario favor it. (E.g. if item A can only go into spots 1 or 5, then I'd write out two gameboards, one with A in spot one and one with A in spot five). Review the 7sage youtube videos which can help you out as well on strats.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:04 am

Yeah, maybe you should try pushing to December? If not, drill the crap out of every game you can get your hands on. Redo the same games over and over again, work out every answer choice when you redo them and not just say "i know it's this answer" and pick it, really do every step you would do if you had never seen the game. This is literally the only way to get good at games, repetition.

also, 7sage videos, that is all.

galeatus

Silver

Post by galeatus » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:23 pm

Get either the Cambridge Drilling packets (if you can get your hands on them) or the Cambridge Drilling Companion, they'll help you break the games into game types and you can then learn to apply the diagramming methods in LG Bible. Also, remember to practice how to make the right inferences from the set-ups.

Two weeks is gonna be interesting but think about it this way - there are 78 PTs available atm, 4 games per PT, let's say it takes 10 mins to finish each of 'em (8m45 should be the actual target), 78*4*10=3120mins=52hrs, which is about 3.75 hours of drilling per day for the two weeks - hell, if you do 8 hours a day you can even do all the games twice! But this means you won't have much time to practice RC and LR (unless you want to do 10-12 hour days for the next two weeks, again, not impossible but it's gonna be hard), so postponing may not be the worst idea, I wouldn't waste a take unless I'm absolutely confident.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”