desperately trying to score above a 174 in 20 days Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
LittleGiants16

New

Re: desperately trying to score above a 174 in 20 days

Post by LittleGiants16 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:43 am

To give OP some glimmer of hope, I went from 166 to 174 in about 30 days while working 60+ hour weeks.

If it helps, I took a PT every day for the full month (minus the two or three days leading up the the exam). With that being said, my trend is DEFINITELY the exception and not the rule. When people ask me about the LSAT I advise them to do things very differently than I did, and certainly not to cram with a month to go. So, I promise you that it probably can be done, but it's highly, highly unlikely.

peachyjade

New

Post by peachyjade » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:21 am

Clearly wrote:If you're not using prior work effectively you're losing massive amounts of time. I'd watch the videos where he walks you through it and try to work those concepts in if you're still all gung ho about September. But seriously, I can't advocate for continuing to ingrain an approach that isn't working for you in the hopes of a score that takes much more time than you have.
Hi! Jumping in discussion here... when you said "using prior work effectively," did you mean LG specifically? Or all the materials? I have found it to be useful when I connect a new Game to an old one I've done before (or mentally replay 7Sgage video in my head), and I review my LR misses from time to time. However I can't figure out a good way to reuse/recycle RC sections unless the time window between the initial and second read is long enough for me to not remember anything.

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:33 am

peachyjade wrote:
Clearly wrote:If you're not using prior work effectively you're losing massive amounts of time. I'd watch the videos where he walks you through it and try to work those concepts in if you're still all gung ho about September. But seriously, I can't advocate for continuing to ingrain an approach that isn't working for you in the hopes of a score that takes much more time than you have.
Hi! Jumping in discussion here... when you said "using prior work effectively," did you mean LG specifically? Or all the materials? I have found it to be useful when I connect a new Game to an old one I've done before (or mentally replay 7Sgage video in my head), and I review my LR misses from time to time. However I can't figure out a good way to reuse/recycle RC sections unless the time window between the initial and second read is long enough for me to not remember anything.
I'm referring only to LG, and not done reuse of materials as you imply, but rather how to use your answers to some questions to answer other questions. There are usually about a games worth of questions on each section that could be answered without moving your pencil if you set your games up properly and answer the questions in the right order. It creates so much extra time it's ridiculous.

tskela

Bronze

Post by tskela » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:52 pm

Clearly wrote:
peachyjade wrote:
I'm referring only to LG, and not done reuse of materials as you imply, but rather how to use your answers to some questions to answer other questions. There are usually about a games worth of questions on each section that could be answered without moving your pencil if you set your games up properly and answer the questions in the right order. It creates so much extra time it's ridiculous.
can confirm. only started doing this last week and finding myself consistently doing sections in 28-30 minutes which was unheard of for me just a few weeks ago

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”