Reviewing Practice Tests

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
onlyhere4fun

New

Reviewing Practice Tests

Postby onlyhere4fun » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:32 pm

So I've started taking tests more regularly in order to see where I stand for the LSAT before September (although I'm pretty set on taking the LSAT in December). I'm not sure if it's best to review preptests the same day that I take them or if it is better for me to give myself a break after taking the test and to wait until the next day to review them. I'm not working yet so I can devote a lot of time to LSAT, but I did this earlier in August and I had a burnout episode which I recovered from by not doing anything LSAT related for two days :| . I'm trying to find a balance between studying and relaxing in order to optimize the gains I make in the test but I'm not sure what is too much or what isn't enough quite yet. I would really appreciate your input TlSers and thank you for taking the time to read this!

RamTitan

Silver

Re: Reviewing Practice Tests

Postby RamTitan » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:38 pm

I'd do it the next day. This is a decent study schedule that I use:

Monday - Blind Review Practice Test (really dissect that sucker)
Tuesday - Drill weak areas
Wednesday - Test
Thursday - Blind Review
Friday - Drill weak areas
Saturday - Test, get drunk and cry yourself to sleep
Sunday - Rest

Blueprint Mithun

Bronze

Postby Blueprint Mithun » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:48 pm

onlyhere4fun wrote:So I've started taking tests more regularly in order to see where I stand for the LSAT before September (although I'm pretty set on taking the LSAT in December). I'm not sure if it's best to review preptests the same day that I take them or if it is better for me to give myself a break after taking the test and to wait until the next day to review them. I'm not working yet so I can devote a lot of time to LSAT, but I did this earlier in August and I had a burnout episode which I recovered from by not doing anything LSAT related for two days :| . I'm trying to find a balance between studying and relaxing in order to optimize the gains I make in the test but I'm not sure what is too much or what isn't enough quite yet. I would really appreciate your input TlSers and thank you for taking the time to read this!

Gotta maximize those gains, bro... 8)

I'd recommend reviewing the day after you take a test. Reviewing carefully is important, and if you approach it with a fresh mind, you're going to do a better job of it and it'll feel less like a chore. Go over all the answer choices for the questions you struggled with. Try and recall if there was anything you missed when you first tackled that question, and how you might avoid doing so in the future. Some people prefer to review the day of, but that led to burnout, then that's a clear sign that you should be taking a different approach. Work hard, but don't be too tough on yourself. I think it's easily to underestimate the importance of rest, especially when you're late in the prep game and the test date is inching closer. If anything, you need to rest more at this time.

onlyhere4fun

New

Postby onlyhere4fun » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:40 am

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll definitely just review the day after I take a test from now on. It's definitely less mentally taxing and I feel less stressed about that approach :)

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�