The LSAT Trainer vs. Bibles vs. Manhattan

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
HYPSM

Bronze

The LSAT Trainer vs. Bibles vs. Manhattan

Postby HYPSM » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:25 pm

I have the Trainer, LG and LR Bibles, and Manhattan LR. I am at a loss as to which I should start with.

I was thinking of first doing the 1) Trainer, 2) LG Bible, 3) Manhattan LR, and then 4) the LR Bible. And advice please?

maybeman

Bronze

Re: The LSAT Trainer vs. Bibles vs. Manhattan

Postby maybeman » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:40 pm

I would do 1) the Trainer 2) LR Bible, then whatever else. Put LG in the back bc you'll probably be able to master it more quickly than LR/RC & there are 2 LR sections. Others may disagree. You have solid prep materials regardless.

HYPSM

Bronze

Postby HYPSM » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:44 pm

maybeman wrote:I would do 1) the Trainer 2) LR Bible, then whatever else. Put LG in the back bc you'll probably be able to master it more quickly than LR/RC & there are 2 LR sections. Others may disagree. You have solid prep materials regardless.

Thank you for the suggestion! That makes sense. Can anyone else speak to this?

USayinBoalt

Gold

Postby USayinBoalt » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:58 pm

I would do the Trainer first to get your feet wet and establish a base. You don't have to finish one cover to cover before moving on to the next one. I would do LR (Manhattan or Bible) and LG simultaneously after finishing the Trainer and drill as you progress through both

Torres1893

Bronze

Postby Torres1893 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:32 pm

I also recommend starting with the LSAT Trainer. I read all the manhattan guides and I saw some improvement in my scores and performance in LR, but it wasn't until I read the LSAT Trainer where I saw a big boost in my PT scores and the number of questions I get right in LR. I wouldn't say it helped me in LG or RC much, but definitely LR. I guess it's because the Trainer helps build a strategy or get in the right mind-set for LR.

HYPSM

Bronze

Postby HYPSM » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:44 pm

Torres1893 wrote:I also recommend starting with the LSAT Trainer. I read all the manhattan guides and I saw some improvement in my scores and performance in LR, but it wasn't until I read the LSAT Trainer where I saw a big boost in my PT scores and the number of questions I get right in LR. I wouldn't say it helped me in LG or RC much, but definitely LR. I guess it's because the Trainer helps build a strategy or get in the right mind-set for LR.

Do you think I should study for the LG or LR section first? Does it matter?

Torres1893

Bronze

Postby Torres1893 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:17 am

HYPSM wrote:
Torres1893 wrote:I also recommend starting with the LSAT Trainer. I read all the manhattan guides and I saw some improvement in my scores and performance in LR, but it wasn't until I read the LSAT Trainer where I saw a big boost in my PT scores and the number of questions I get right in LR. I wouldn't say it helped me in LG or RC much, but definitely LR. I guess it's because the Trainer helps build a strategy or get in the right mind-set for LR.

Do you think I should study for the LG or LR section first? Does it matter?

Nah I don't think it'll matter which you do first. LG is easier to learn so I would say focus on LR first. Or see which one you are weaker in and start there.

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Postby Barack O'Drama » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:27 am

HYPSM wrote:I have the Trainer, LG and LR Bibles, and Manhattan LR. I am at a loss as to which I should start with.

I was thinking of first doing the 1) Trainer, 2) LG Bible, 3) Manhattan LR, and then 4) the LR Bible. And advice please?

I think doing The LSAT Trainer in tandem with the LRB in tandem. Then do the MLSAT LR once you have a good foundational basis of the material.

My reasoning is that the LSAT Trainer is a full LSAT prep book that is supposed to teach you everything you need to know for the LSAT. However, I still think there is much to gain from the LRB and MLSAT LR. Also, I think the MLSAT takes a higher level approach and can be a bit jarring to begin with. Whereas I think the LRB is friendly and accessible and easy to understand.
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HYPSM

Bronze

Postby HYPSM » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:29 am

Barack O'Drama wrote:
HYPSM wrote:I have the Trainer, LG and LR Bibles, and Manhattan LR. I am at a loss as to which I should start with.

I think doing The LSAT Trainer in tandem with the LRB in tandem. Then do the MLSAT LR once you have a good foundational basis of the material.

My reasoning is that the LSAT Trainer is a full LSAT prep book that is supposed to teach you everything you need to know for the LSAT. However, I still think there is much to gain from the LRB and MLSAT LR. Also, I think the MLSAT takes a higher level approach and can be a bit jarring to begin with. Whereas I think the LRB is friendly and accessible and easy to understand.

I was actually thinking of skipping the LR Bible because a few people told me it was a waste of time if I had MLSAT LR. I have plenty of time to read both, but I'd obviously not waste any time. Would you disagree about LRB being a waste of time then? Do the two books contradict each other?

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Post removed...

Postby Barack O'Drama » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:24 pm

Post removed...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�