Experimental Section

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
bmathers

Silver

Re: Experimental Section

Postby bmathers » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:44 pm

TakeItToTrial wrote:
caitlinrw wrote:Moral of the story: don't listen to anyone who says they can predict which section is the experimental. You spent too much money on the exam and on prepping to blow your score attempting to cut corners because you "thought" you could tell which was the experimental. Treat all 5 sections the same, and your score will thank you for it.

Except that sometimes it is possible to predict. But as everyone in this thread has said, it would be foolish to not treat all five sections equally.

If you want to wager that much on stroking your ego... especially when you said you were 2/5 on correctly guessing... and that was with "experimentals" that were real test sections taken from different years (aka much easier to tell... and you still were wrong 55% of the time), then go for it.

You would have to be a dang fool to even to try to guess, Jeeze lol

TakeItToTrial

Bronze

Re: Experimental Section

Postby TakeItToTrial » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:37 am

bmathers wrote:
TakeItToTrial wrote:
caitlinrw wrote:Moral of the story: don't listen to anyone who says they can predict which section is the experimental. You spent too much money on the exam and on prepping to blow your score attempting to cut corners because you "thought" you could tell which was the experimental. Treat all 5 sections the same, and your score will thank you for it.

Except that sometimes it is possible to predict. But as everyone in this thread has said, it would be foolish to not treat all five sections equally.

If you want to wager that much on stroking your ego... especially when you said you were 2/5 on correctly guessing... and that was with "experimentals" that were real test sections taken from different years (aka much easier to tell... and you still were wrong 55% of the time), then go for it.

You would have to be a dang fool to even to try to guess, Jeeze lol

2/5 would make me wrong 60% of the time. But anyway, I said I was 2/15 on 5-section tests, and one of the correct predictions was on the only real administration I've taken. That would make me 1/1 on tests with actual experimental sections. But as I've said from the start, it would be foolish "wager" your score on such a prediction.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�