Manhattan Prep Interact

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Espadas

New

Manhattan Prep Interact

Postby Espadas » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:21 pm

Does anyone have any experience with the Manhattan Prep Interact courses? I want to know what their success rate is before purchasing it.

USayinBoalt

Gold

Re: Manhattan Prep Interact

Postby USayinBoalt » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:44 pm

I'm unfamiliar with the Interact course that Manhattan has, but just based on what I've seen on here most people rave about 7sage. You could get the Ultimate Plus course on 7sage for cheaper than the Manhattan Interact. 7sage has a lot more reviews as well which could help.

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Postby Barack O'Drama » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:27 pm

USayinBoalt wrote:I'm unfamiliar with the Interact course that Manhattan has, but just based on what I've seen on here most people rave about 7sage. You could get the Ultimate Plus course on 7sage for cheaper than the Manhattan Interact. 7sage has a lot more reviews as well which could help.

Yeah, I second Usayinboalt in regards to getting 7Sage. I personally have become a big advocate of the 7Sage program. I don't feel like typing the name cliche paragraph I always do about ho amazing they are, how it helped me finally get LG and LR on lock, and how the lessons are actually enjoyable (as enjoyable as lessons get anyways) But I will say I everyone I know who has it really likes it.

I also use(d) the Manhattan LSAT Prep books, and honestly in comparison they aren't dissimilar. I haven't taken the interactive course, but someone close to me did. However, she took it with ~2 months to study and in Canada (Assuming you get the same course?) and she actually really liked it! She had nothing but good things to say about it, the thing was her target score was a 160 and she ended up with a 157 or something. So it definitely got her close. Though, I don't know what her diagnostic score ended up being.

From what she described you get, I can't see it being a better bargain than 7Sage. With 7Sage you get video lessons for everything, problem sets (drills) a question bank of almost 1900 questions and every test explanation on video 1-78 (or whatever is current) Also there is a 14 -day money back policy, so try it and see if you like it. I always tell people to check out the free LG explanations on Youtube, and if you like those, I think you'll love the entire lessons. No gimmicks! Just straight up strategy :)
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StopLawying

Silver

Postby StopLawying » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:33 pm

You won't really get too many answers here because the program is pretty new. All I can say though is that Manhattan is incredible, IMO the best prep company out there. They cater to 165+ scorers and so really teach you the nuances of this test. But can't go wrong with 7sage either, I purchased one of their courses and am very happy. Good choices either way, good luck!

Espadas

New

Postby Espadas » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:26 pm

USayinBoalt wrote:I'm unfamiliar with the Interact course that Manhattan has, but just based on what I've seen on here most people rave about 7sage. You could get the Ultimate Plus course on 7sage for cheaper than the Manhattan Interact. 7sage has a lot more reviews as well which could help.

What does 7Sage offer that Manhattan Prep doesn't?

Espadas

New

Postby Espadas » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:28 pm

StopLawying wrote:You won't really get too many answers here because the program is pretty new. All I can say though is that Manhattan is incredible, IMO the best prep company out there. They cater to 165+ scorers and so really teach you the nuances of this test. But can't go wrong with 7sage either, I purchased one of their courses and am very happy. Good choices either way, good luck!

I'm taking the LSAT in September and have been prepping for months, but the attorney I was interning for really encouraged I take a course, which I don't want to spend a lot of money on unless I'm going to get a high score. I am using their prep books, but I can't seem to find their success rates anywhere. The sites that compare the LSAT prep courses give overviews of each one, but no reviews to read.

Espadas

New

Postby Espadas » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:28 pm

What about the PowerScore accelerated classes?

Clearly

Gold

Postby Clearly » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:38 pm

Velocity lsat, still the best in my opinion

Espadas

New

Postby Espadas » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:11 pm

Clearly wrote:Velocity lsat, still the best in my opinion

What do they have that you cannot get elsewhere?

USayinBoalt

Gold

Postby USayinBoalt » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:01 pm

Espadas wrote:

What does 7Sage offer that Manhattan Prep doesn't?

7sage has been around for a bit and has received generally positive reviews on here so I am inclined to choose that over a program, like Manhattan Interact, that is relatively new. The Manhattan books are GREAT though

Clearly

Gold

Postby Clearly » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:48 pm

Espadas wrote:

Their LG stuff in particular is genuinely the best. I say this as a person who legit worked through 7 sage, velocity, taught for powerscore, read all of Manhattan's stuff and worked with this test professionally for many years now. You can't really go wrong between Manhattan, 7 sage and velocity, they're all about as good as programs can be, but in my opinion velocity is the program most useful for actually taking the test. My main gripe with 7 sage was it's tendency to teach kind of in hindsight, here's the best way to do this particular question. I appreciated velocity for having a more structured plan that applied to future questions, when review was just applying that particular system to a game instead of looking at how we should have done that particular game from 7 sage.

That said, none of these are Kaplan, they're all among the best so you can't really lose. Velocity used to have a huge following here but most from that era did well and stopped posting after admissions, the new gen here is more 7 sage focused, but thats just the ebb and flow of people and speaks nothing about the quality of programs.

StopLawying

Silver

Postby StopLawying » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:00 pm

Clearly wrote:
Espadas wrote:

Their LG stuff in particular is genuinely the best. I say this as a person who legit worked through 7 sage, velocity, taught for powerscore, read all of Manhattan's stuff and worked with this test professionally for many years now. You can't really go wrong between Manhattan, 7 sage and velocity, they're all about as good as programs can be, but in my opinion velocity is the program most useful for actually taking the test. My main gripe with 7 sage was it's tendency to teach kind of in hindsight, here's the best way to do this particular question. I appreciated velocity for having a more structured plan that applied to future questions, when review was just applying that particular system to a game instead of looking at how we should have done that particular game from 7 sage.

That said, none of these are Kaplan, they're all among the best so you can't really lose. Velocity used to have a huge following here but most from that era did well and stopped posting after admissions, the new gen here is more 7 sage focused, but thats just the ebb and flow of people and speaks nothing about the quality of programs.

That's my one gripe with 7sage. Sometimes you watch the explanation video and you're like there's no freakin way I would've been able to think of that set-up in real-time. Like for some games he splits into 6-7 boards, but that's not something many would do during the real exam. Yes, you may learn it's more efficient after the fact, but during the real thing I'd never spend that much time upfront creating so many boards. Too risky. I know you always say how great velocity is, but I was reluctant to try them for games since it's an entirely new system and I was worried I'd get confused. Wish I started with them first. Also Dave used to hang out on these boards, where has he been lol? Does he still teach the LSAT?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�