To postpone until December or not? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
orzo

New

To postpone until December or not?

Post by orzo » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:27 am

I am in need of some help..I already took the lsat last year and I did miserably I am too embarrassed on to say what it was..Anyway, I have been studying on and off since then plus I work. I want to take test again I have improved but not to the point where I feel consistent in my score. I am not looking for top score. I am scheduled to take test in sept but I am very close to reschedule for December as there are not that many weeks between two dates. I figured the extra time will help with more study.I changed my work schedule to allow for more time and I have been through manhattanprep course and powerscore books . already. My problem is the lr section once I get to the #15 and up I fall apart. It takes me the 35 min just to reach #15 and I run outta time. I don't know if I should just take in sept or December? I'm not worried about early application or anything...I really want to do well

carasrook

Bronze

Re: To postpone until December or not?

Post by carasrook » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:38 am

definitely postpone

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:46 am

You say you don't feel consistent in your scores, haven't yet built up the timing you need, and want to do well. All of those things say you should postpone. You might want to re-evaluate in December and consider postponing to February if you have these same feelings.

Deardevil

Bronze

Post by Deardevil » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:48 am

Take it when you're ready; sounds like you're not.
There's only a month left; I'd imagine that can be nerve-racking.
Postpone it.

Blueprint Mithun

Bronze

Post by Blueprint Mithun » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:45 am

orzo wrote:I am in need of some help..I already took the lsat last year and I did miserably I am too embarrassed on to say what it was..Anyway, I have been studying on and off since then plus I work. I want to take test again I have improved but not to the point where I feel consistent in my score. I am not looking for top score. I am scheduled to take test in sept but I am very close to reschedule for December as there are not that many weeks between two dates. I figured the extra time will help with more study.I changed my work schedule to allow for more time and I have been through manhattanprep course and powerscore books . already. My problem is the lr section once I get to the #15 and up I fall apart. It takes me the 35 min just to reach #15 and I run outta time. I don't know if I should just take in sept or December? I'm not worried about early application or anything...I really want to do well
You should definitely postpone. Even if your goal isn't a top score, you can definitely improve. If you're not scoring consistently and don't feel confident, then chances are, test day is not going to go well this time around either. You can set a goal for December, and if you're not where you want to be around then, postpone again. If there's no rush to apply, there's no reason to rush into an LSAT.

Take it slowly. If you're having trouble getting through more than 15 questions on LR, you probably need to go back and review your strategies and drill individual question types. It's counterproductive to rush into timing yourself before you've spent a good amount of time working on your accuracy. Very little/nothing in those first 15 questions should seem new to you if you've prepared well for each question type.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”