Has anyone used the PowerScore Type Training books?

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
big_willy_style_333

Bronze

Has anyone used the PowerScore Type Training books?

Postby big_willy_style_333 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:59 pm

I am wondering whether anyone has found the PowerScore Type Training books to be helpful. They seem like an effective way to practice with real passages, games, and questions, but I have not seen anyone on TLS recommend them. Specifically, I am thinking about picking up the books for RC and LG linked below:

RC: https://www.amazon.com/PowerScore-LSAT- ... n+training

LG: https://www.amazon.com/PowerScores-LSAT ... TW5HTDDJZF

I don't plan on taking PTs 1-20, so I'm not concerned with "spoiling" them (these books take their problems from those tests). I've gone through Powerscore's LG Bible and Manhattan's LR book already, and I feel comfortable with those sections, and less so with RC. In addition to taking the remaining 7 practice tests out of the 10 I purchased, I'd like to maintain my familiarity with the games by doing 2-3 per day until the September test, and I'd like to improve my RC, which seems to be most efficiently accomplished with practice passages. At any rate, does anyone have any thoughts on these books?

ILoveYou

Silver

Re: Has anyone used the PowerScore Type Training books?

Postby ILoveYou » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:08 pm

I didn't use these when I prepped for the LSAT, but I have used them in helping others prepare and seen good results. I think they're better than the materials I used (Kaplan/PR iirc) for whatever that's worth.

USayinBoalt

Gold

Postby USayinBoalt » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:11 pm

Since the Cambridge packets are no longer available, I think these are the only "by type" books in wide circulation so I think they are a good investment. They are cheaper on the Powerscore website than on Amazon.

big_willy_style_333

Bronze

Postby big_willy_style_333 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:39 pm

Awesome, thanks! And it's good to know they are cheaper on the PowerScore website, I'll head over there!

Voyager

Silver

Postby Voyager » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:49 pm

Powerscore bibles are outstanding.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:57 pm

I used these with the Bibles for prep. Very helpful. Didn't get the RC one, but got Game Type and Question Type.. Definitely recommend since Cambridge packets don't exist anymore. They have volume II out now, which I believe is Prep Tests 21-40 ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�