1 Month Before TEST DAY

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
zohaibahmed

New

1 Month Before TEST DAY

Postby zohaibahmed » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:34 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm going to take the LSAT in September and I was hoping for some guidance. What I've done this past weak is try to hit my soft spots and pick up some points. What I'm really lacking in rn is Logic Games (-7 usually) and Flaw + Inference + Strengthen/Weaken questions (LR is my strongest with an average of -4).

What do you recommend I do from now until test day? What I plan on doing is 2 full test condition PTs a week (in the week prior to my exam I will do 3 PTs). I take 1 day off - and then the other 4 days I will dedicate to doing 3 sections of a PT with targeted practice in the question types I find myself having the most trouble with.

Does this seem sufficient to make improvements? Do you think I should do those 3 section PTs timed or not timed? Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

Blueprint Mithun

Bronze

Re: 1 Month Before TEST DAY

Postby Blueprint Mithun » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:11 am

zohaibahmed wrote:Hey everyone,

I'm going to take the LSAT in September and I was hoping for some guidance. What I've done this past weak is try to hit my soft spots and pick up some points. What I'm really lacking in rn is Logic Games (-7 usually) and Flaw + Inference + Strengthen/Weaken questions (LR is my strongest with an average of -4).

What do you recommend I do from now until test day? What I plan on doing is 2 full test condition PTs a week (in the week prior to my exam I will do 3 PTs). I take 1 day off - and then the other 4 days I will dedicate to doing 3 sections of a PT with targeted practice in the question types I find myself having the most trouble with.

Does this seem sufficient to make improvements? Do you think I should do those 3 section PTs timed or not timed? Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

I think you should mainly do those untimed, and maybe try doing them timed at some point to mix it up. Your goal is to raise your accuracy on your weak areas, and it's often counterproductive to try and work on timing and accuracy at the same time. Take it slow when drilling those weak areas. Focus on your process and compare it to the prep resources you've learned from. Make sure you go over each answer choice, and that you know why each wrong one was wrong.

If you're struggling with Flaw and S/W, I'd recommend trying to focus on anticipating what's missing in those arguments. For Flaw questions, you get the premises and conclusions, but there's something missing in the link between them, or something in the premises that keeps the conclusion from being true. Focus on what you get and try and predict the answer before you look at the choices. The more you do this, the better you'll get at it.

With Strengthen/Weaken, there's usually something similar - some important factor that can be pushed one way or another to make the argument either more valid or less valid. It can be harder to predict with these than flaw questions, but try and focus on the relationship between the premises and the conclusion and see if you can brainstorm any potential factors.

Hope that helps. I think your schedule sounds pretty solid, by the way.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�