testmasters vs powerscore Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
angelumpkers

New

testmasters vs powerscore

Post by angelumpkers » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:37 pm

Hi,

I'm looking for some opinions on testmasters vs powerscore online and virtual courses. I've been out of school for a while (MPH '08, MPA '08) and would feel more comfortable with additional interaction and structure. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

caitlinrw

Bronze

Re: testmasters vs powerscore

Post by caitlinrw » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:32 pm

Not very familiar with powerscore, but I absolutely loved my Testmasters class. Idk if you plan on taking it Live or online, but I took it in person, and the scheduling was great as far people who work or had classes during the day. From the initial diagnostic to my actual diagnostic, my score went up 18 points. The structure of the class is designed so that if you literally do the work and put in 110% effort, you will succeed. If you learn by doing, this is the class. You have access to literally every question ever designed my the LSAT at your disposal, and more. This includes almost all of the actual LSATs going back to the 90s. In terms of lessons, each instructor teaches just like the creator of the course would, so it's very informative. When in doubt each class is taught by the creator online if you have to miss class. The way they teach LG, LR and RC is taught in a way that when the real test comes, you're able to identify the types of questions involved and how to approach them. This is the most important aspect of a course, to me. Since you're looking at the online course, I would say go for it. The creator teaches the classes (usually in 4 hour increments) and his teaching style is universal. You'll have access to all the answers, plus feedback and breakdown on questions and the reasoning behind why the answer was the answer. It's definitely worth the investment. I know this is a lot, but I cannot express how helpful Testmasters really was. I was discouraged at first because my diagnostic score was low, but like I said, I improved 18 points, and I couldn't have done it without them. You seem to be a little more mature and sure of this so you'll have no problem focusing, but make sure that you take advantage of everything the course will have to offer.

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Post removed...

Post by Barack O'Drama » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:47 am

Post removed...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”