Scanning LG and RC waste of time

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
SunDevil14

Bronze

Scanning LG and RC waste of time

Postby SunDevil14 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:12 am

If you have gotten to the point where you can finish all the games and reading passes 35 minutes, then is scanning the pick out the easier ones a waste of time?

Pro's:

Gives you more time to attack harder passages/games without worrying about remaining questions
Confidence boost and good flow through the passage by hammering away easy questions

Con's:

Takes a minute or two to determine the easier games and passages, plus you will often have to re-read anyways
Adds another layer to testing strategy which is often best keep simple and streamlined

Clearly

Gold

Re: Scanning LG and RC waste of time

Postby Clearly » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:53 am

Don't scan, regardless of how good you're doing. It's just wasted time. The test follows a pattern quite closely. There are of course exceptions, but overwhelmingly:
Lr:1-12 easy, 13,-17 hard, 17-26 medium tailing towards easy
Lg: easy medium hard hardest (with 3 and 4 switching)

Trust me, giving up 2 minutes to figure that out is crazy. Like seriously, this isn't even like well it might help some people.. There is no subset of lsat takers who should employ this.

proteinshake

Gold

Re: Scanning LG and RC waste of time

Postby proteinshake » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:24 am

I don't scan, I go in order. BUT, if I get to the third game and realize it's going to be especially difficulty, I'll come back to it later.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�