PT score question!

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
brinicolec

Gold

PT score question!

Postby brinicolec » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:54 pm

How many times do you think it's necessary to score in a certain range to feel safe that's the range you're scoring in? Lol.

My PTs lately have been up 4-5 points since the June LSAT (I've taken 3 so far, I think....) and I'm trying to decide if it's a fluke. Before the June LSAT, I scored like once around where I'm scoring now towards the end of studying.

This is probably a weird question but still...

Deardevil

Bronze

Re: PT score question!

Postby Deardevil » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:13 pm

Third time won't be a charm. I'd feel confident after 10 successful trials.

SunDevil14

Bronze

Re: PT score question!

Postby SunDevil14 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:06 am

SunDevil14 wrote:

brinicolec wrote:
How many times do you think it's necessary to score in a certain range to feel safe that's the range you're scoring in? Lol.

My PTs lately have been up 4-5 points since the June LSAT (I've taken 3 so far, I think....) and I'm trying to decide if it's a fluke. Before the June LSAT, I scored like once around where I'm scoring now towards the end of studying.

This is probably a weird question but still...

I use the 7sage database. One of the options available is to show the scores and trends from past test. Typically select the 5 most recent tests and compare those to the the 5 before them those and so on. My thought process is that 5 tests is enough to encompass the various swings in performance. The average score between the 5 most recent test seems to be a reliable indicator. If you are taking several tests a a week consider extending the distribution of recent tests wider. PT's

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�