What to do in between Practice Tests

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
mudiverse

Bronze

What to do in between Practice Tests

Postby mudiverse » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:53 pm

Hi All,

I was wondering if any of the high scorers out there would talk about what they do in between Practice Tests? I'm planning to take the September test and my average score is around ~170 right now. I am studying full-time and have pretty much no other obligations.

My practice test schedule is basically three times a week (usually Mon/Wed/Fri or Sat). I do the test and immediately review it until I'm satisfied. Sometimes this carries over into the next day, most of the time when I have fewer errors it does not. What should I then do between practice tests? I am sort of ambivalent because on one hand I feel like I want to avoid burnout before September and on the other I do want to use my time effectively.

I find that I generally do have a higher stamina and I was actually previously doing 4 tests in a row, but I was recommended to lower that to 3.

Any thoughts on this?

Blueprint Mithun

Bronze

Re: What to do in between Practice Tests

Postby Blueprint Mithun » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:04 am

mudiverse wrote:Hi All,

I was wondering if any of the high scorers out there would talk about what they do in between Practice Tests? I'm planning to take the September test and my average score is around ~170 right now. I am studying full-time and have pretty much no other obligations.

My practice test schedule is basically three times a week (usually Mon/Wed/Fri or Sat). I do the test and immediately review it until I'm satisfied. Sometimes this carries over into the next day, most of the time when I have fewer errors it does not. What should I then do between practice tests? I am sort of ambivalent because on one hand I feel like I want to avoid burnout before September and on the other I do want to use my time effectively.

I find that I generally do have a higher stamina and I was actually previously doing 4 tests in a row, but I was recommended to lower that to 3.

Any thoughts on this?

Are you noticing any patterns when reviewing your preptests? Are there any q.types that are giving you trouble, or is LG or RC your weakness? You can spend those off days reviewing some concepts and then drilling questions/sections in those areas. I'd go relatively light, since you want to maintain your energy and avoid burnout. If you're losing points evenly across the board, cycle through different areas to work on.

Voyager

Silver

Re: What to do in between Practice Tests

Postby Voyager » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:26 pm

Agree with Mithun: targeted drilling. You will always have a few sections that are weaker for you. Focus on those.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�