Is paying for 7sage access worth it?

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
User avatar
UtopianCitizen

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:44 pm

Is paying for 7sage access worth it?

Postby UtopianCitizen » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:23 pm

So, I use 7sage for their LSAT analytics and their videos on logic games. I mainly use the PSBs. Recently though I started using as personal tutor that costs me about $35/hour. I'm wondering if it would be more financially beneficial to pay for 7sage access and maybe use the tutor once in a blue moon?

User avatar
mudiverse

Bronze
Posts: 190
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:31 am

Re: Is paying for 7sage access worth it?

Postby mudiverse » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:56 pm

7Sage is the highest value service for LSAT prep, in my opinion. I would purchase the Ultimate+, which includes explanations for almost every single Practice Test question (I think they are pending PT 78).

I have spent $500+ on private tutoring. While helpful, studying on your own with the assistance of a comprehensive tool like 7Sage is a better use of your time and money.

Buy it and don't look back.

I am not affiliated with 7Sage at all, except as a customer.

User avatar
Barack O'Drama

Gold
Posts: 3268
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:21 pm

Re: Is paying for 7sage access worth it?

Postby Barack O'Drama » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:00 pm

mudiverse wrote:7Sage is the highest value service for LSAT prep, in my opinion. I would purchase the Ultimate+, which includes explanations for almost every single Practice Test question (I think they are pending PT 78).

I have spent $500+ on private tutoring. While helpful, studying on your own with the assistance of a comprehensive tool like 7Sage is a better use of your time and money.

Buy it and don't look back.

I am not affiliated with 7Sage at all, except as a customer.



+10000

I am one of the biggest advocates of 7Sage out there. I absolutely love it! I used the PS Bibles, Manhattan, The Trainer, etc. Once I got 7Sage everything turned around for me. If you can afford it, get the Ultimate +, but plenty of top scorers have used the $179 starter course too. You can upgrade at anytime and you get a free 14-day trial.

Also, PT78 is out now on 7Sage!

I'm not paid by 7Sage to say this, lol :) I just truly believe in it and have made it my mission to spread how amazing they are!
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jelufowoju

New
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:15 pm

Re: Is paying for 7sage access worth it?

Postby jelufowoju » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:22 pm

7sage is pretty dope in my opinion, I prefer it to any other prep material out there. It's cheaper than taking a prep class, it enables you to go at your own pace and J.Y does an excellent job at explaining the logic of the test and how to tackle each question type. I bought their ultimate package and was able to score a 177 after a few months of intense studying. 10/10.

User avatar
Barack O'Drama

Gold
Posts: 3268
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:21 pm

Re: Is paying for 7sage access worth it?

Postby Barack O'Drama » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:32 pm

jelufowoju wrote:7sage is pretty dope in my opinion, I prefer it to any other prep material out there. It's cheaper than taking a prep class, it enables you to go at your own pace and J.Y does an excellent job at explaining the logic of the test and how to tackle each question type. I bought their ultimate package and was able to score a 177 after a few months of intense studying. 10/10.



Nice, congrats! You should reach out to Dillion/JY and do a webinar!
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mudiverse

Bronze
Posts: 190
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:31 am

Re: Is paying for 7sage access worth it?

Postby mudiverse » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:44 pm

jelufowoju wrote:7sage is pretty dope in my opinion, I prefer it to any other prep material out there. It's cheaper than taking a prep class, it enables you to go at your own pace and J.Y does an excellent job at explaining the logic of the test and how to tackle each question type. I bought their ultimate package and was able to score a 177 after a few months of intense studying. 10/10.


The dream score. What did you use the most on 7Sage? How long did you study for?

I think I've hit 177 exactly once during a PT. Trying to get there.

User avatar
UtopianCitizen

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:44 pm

Re: Is paying for 7sage access worth it?

Postby UtopianCitizen » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:48 pm

Seriously considering purchasing the starter package. I can't afford much more at this time which is why tutoring makes it easy by paying per hour but in the long run it comes out to be more expensive. At this point I'm freaking out so much I'm also considering postponing my LSAT to December. I already took it twice so I only have one more left.

jelufowoju

New
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:15 pm

Re: Is paying for 7sage access worth it?

Postby jelufowoju » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:00 pm

mudiverse wrote:
jelufowoju wrote:7sage is pretty dope in my opinion, I prefer it to any other prep material out there. It's cheaper than taking a prep class, it enables you to go at your own pace and J.Y does an excellent job at explaining the logic of the test and how to tackle each question type. I bought their ultimate package and was able to score a 177 after a few months of intense studying. 10/10.


The dream score. What did you use the most on 7Sage? How long did you study for?

I think I've hit 177 exactly once during a PT. Trying to get there.


I used 7sage for the entirety of my prep which was 4 months. I used it almost exclusively for Logical and Analytical Reasoning, didn't really use it for Reading Comp. I first started with logic games because it was by far my worst section. J.Y's explanations on how to diagram the various game types were extremely helpful. I also assiduously went over his lessons on conditional logic and on invalid/valid argument structures which helped tremendously with both games and logical reasoning, particularly the LR questions that have conditional heavy stimulus' : SA, MBT, Principle Support, Match the Flaw and so forth.

ngogirl12

Silver
Posts: 803
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:05 am

Re: Is paying for 7sage access worth it?

Postby ngogirl12 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:13 pm

I highly recommend purchasing one of the 7Sage options.

I have been going through the curriculum really slowly (practically at a turtles pace lol) to ensure I can really truly understand the material and drill the lesson set with the supporting Cambridge material from PT 1-38. I am really hoping it will pay off in the real deal, but from my own experience I have improved my reasoning capabilities (LR was the hardest issue for me).

I think using a tutor is good for when you have completed the curriculum/sources for prep, are taking preptests, and want to go over specific problem areas.

I upgraded from Ultimate to Ultimate+ primarily for the LR explanations. The RC explanations are there too for almost all preptests. Just going through the explanations and also Manhattan forums has gotten me to a point where I am able to independently reason and understand why the right answer is right and the wrong ones are wrong. That said, I'm still insecure so I always double check with the explanations to ensure I am on the right track.

What is also awesome is for some of the LG, JY has videos of high scorers taking a LG section and show their approach to the games. JY will then say in his commentary what they did correctly and incorrectly. I usually like to watch those even if I feel confidant on a game because it just shows a different way of approaching a game.

For RC I have gone through the Manhattan RC Guide which I found incredibly helpful, and I also used 7Sages Memory Method which I also found helpful. It is great to watch JY dissect a passage (after you have done it) and watch his method at attacking the questions (again after you have done it). The best is when you have really choked on a passage, and JY also didn't like the passage. :D

So that's my $.02, hope it was helpful!

User avatar
scalawag

Bronze
Posts: 172
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:50 pm

Re: Is paying for 7sage access worth it?

Postby scalawag » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:06 pm

You don't need a tutor. If you are just starting to study you'll get an idea of what you need to work on when you work through books and just study.

7 Sage pretty much has all the stuff you need to know laid out there for you. You can follow it if you want or you can

I signed up because of some inferences that he used for or and not/both. And I realized instead of playing around with the easy to read Powerscore double not arrow it's better to just have a master conditional and train yourself to recognize possible outcomes just from looking at a master conditional.

It helps you with conditional logic, and that's what was killing me in some grouping games.

I would recommend it for logic games and just the lessons on that and use it to fill in gaps for other areas.

I'm going to use the Manhattan LR book because it's really good and I think I can get through it faster than watching lectures on question types but if I have a problem with a question type I'll be able to use it to focus on that.

It's just another resource but I think you should know truth tables for conditional logic.

It's basically just Boolean logic and you should be able to look at a conditional and know possibilities. It's just better. That should have been taught explicitly in LGB.

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Is paying for 7sage access worth it?

Postby Mikey » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:45 pm

I have 7sage's Ultimate package. No regrets.

User avatar
scalawag

Bronze
Posts: 172
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:50 pm

Re: Is paying for 7sage access worth it?

Postby scalawag » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:32 pm

jelufowoju wrote:
mudiverse wrote:
jelufowoju wrote:7sage is pretty dope in my opinion, I prefer it to any other prep material out there. It's cheaper than taking a prep class, it enables you to go at your own pace and J.Y does an excellent job at explaining the logic of the test and how to tackle each question type. I bought their ultimate package and was able to score a 177 after a few months of intense studying. 10/10.


The dream score. What did you use the most on 7Sage? How long did you study for?

I think I've hit 177 exactly once during a PT. Trying to get there.


I used 7sage for the entirety of my prep which was 4 months. I used it almost exclusively for Logical and Analytical Reasoning, didn't really use it for Reading Comp. I first started with logic games because it was by far my worst section. J.Y's explanations on how to diagram the various game types were extremely helpful. I also assiduously went over his lessons on conditional logic and on invalid/valid argument structures which helped tremendously with both games and logical reasoning, particularly the LR questions that have conditional heavy stimulus' : SA, MBT, Principle Support, Match the Flaw and so forth.


Out of curiosity what did you use for reading comprehension?

jelufowoju

New
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:15 pm

Re: Is paying for 7sage access worth it?

Postby jelufowoju » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:34 pm

scalawag wrote:
jelufowoju wrote:
mudiverse wrote:
jelufowoju wrote:7sage is pretty dope in my opinion, I prefer it to any other prep material out there. It's cheaper than taking a prep class, it enables you to go at your own pace and J.Y does an excellent job at explaining the logic of the test and how to tackle each question type. I bought their ultimate package and was able to score a 177 after a few months of intense studying. 10/10.


The dream score. What did you use the most on 7Sage? How long did you study for?

I think I've hit 177 exactly once during a PT. Trying to get there.


I used 7sage for the entirety of my prep which was 4 months. I used it almost exclusively for Logical and Analytical Reasoning, didn't really use it for Reading Comp. I first started with logic games because it was by far my worst section. J.Y's explanations on how to diagram the various game types were extremely helpful. I also assiduously went over his lessons on conditional logic and on invalid/valid argument structures which helped tremendously with both games and logical reasoning, particularly the LR questions that have conditional heavy stimulus' : SA, MBT, Principle Support, Match the Flaw and so forth.


Out of curiosity what did you use for reading comprehension?


I went through the LSAT Trainer and I also used J.Y's memory method.



Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 10 guests