February 2017 LSAT Thread

clueless801

Re: February 2017 LSAT Thread

Postby clueless801 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:11 pm

etramak wrote:I know this test isn't disclosed but do they at least let us know the number of correct responses and the scale?

I'd like to know this too though I always assumed they told us that much.

clueless801

Postby clueless801 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:24 pm

Not sure if I saw this somewhere else... but could someone point me in the direction of Logical Reasoning questions grouped by type? And I mean the actual questions that someone out there put together instead of a chart that tells me what's what. I keep bombing (and I do mean bombing) the LR sections.

bwaldorf

Postby bwaldorf » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:36 pm

Last edited by bwaldorf on Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CMac86

Postby CMac86 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:34 pm

I did a PT and BR today. This was the first one in about three weeks. I have done minimal drilling that time frame. Work and school got busy at the same time, so I was holding on the best that I could (and still get some sleep).

PT 55 (in test order):
First attempt: LR1: -4/+21, RC -6/+21, LR2: -4/+21, LG: -8/+15, raw: 78, adjusted 160

Comments from first attempt: I was running low on time on the games, and had trouble with two of them (either #2 and 4 or #3 and 4). I'll be adding those to my drilling sets, and will be watching the 7sage explanations for all of the games in this PT.

BR: LR1 -2/+23, RC -4/+23, LR2 -2/+23, LG -4/+19, raw: 88/adjusted 167.
Comments from BR: Those games were a little easier without the time crunch. LR and RC mistakes from first take were ones that became immediately clear once I had a chance to clear my mind.

Compared to the LSAT PT I did, it was 4 more answers correct on the first attempt, but that was due to doing better on LR2 than I had previously. The BR wasn't quite as a good as last time though as I had 2 more points on the previous BR than I did this one.

I'm going to enter this test into 7sage analytics tonight or tomorrow, and am planning to mostly drill games tomorrow.

metsfan2017

Postby metsfan2017 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:03 am

taking it in February as well. Currently starting to study and practice. I am familiar with the material. Just need some more practice tests. I want to get into law school by next fall. Good luck to everyone

etramak

Postby etramak » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:49 am

Just took two sections. -2 on an LR (didn't finish last question) and -2 on an RC. Disappointed because I recall getting perfect on the RC when I was prepping for the June LSAT. I'm a little rusty but I think if I keep prepping I can be ready to break 170 in February.

I'm waking up at 6:30 every morning so I'll be used to it by February 4th. I'll be very grumpy on Christmas morning and January 1st.

somedeadman

Postby somedeadman » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:22 pm

If I register for the Feb. test, will schools delay making a decision on my application until they see that score?

etramak

Postby etramak » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:08 am

2 more sections today. Did ok but I had a lot of trouble focusing for whatever reason. Just have to hope it doesn't happen on test day. Re-taking the June 2016 LSAT for the second time tomorrow morning.

Also, anyone know a good way to study the "if this condition substituted this condition" questions? Or at least does a list exist of all the games that contain this type of question. I always figure them out but it takes me far too long. The experimental LG I took in September had one for every game.

appind

Postby appind » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:41 pm

maybeman wrote:
appind wrote:I am not studying for Feb but just wanted to drop a quick note for those studying and not getting the results they want right away. It'll come. I went from 130 diag to low 170s official score. I spent a lot of time on lsat and at times thought it impossible. It can be done so long you keep trying.

Wow, I've never heard of a 40+ point score increase. That's amazing. How long did it take you?

took me several years with intermittent long periods without prep. my case is slightly unusual and unexpected issues in actual administrations didn't help.

harveybirdman502

Postby harveybirdman502 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:59 pm

Delete post
Last edited by harveybirdman502 on Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

harveybirdman502

Postby harveybirdman502 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:05 pm

34iplaw wrote:
harveybirdman502 wrote:
34iplaw wrote:
harveybirdman502 wrote:
34iplaw wrote:
harveybirdman502 wrote:
34iplaw wrote:

Thanks for the reply on this. I finally understood that this is just a poorly constructed question. I don't think these people knew exactly what they were doing until around PT 20.

34iplaw

Postby 34iplaw » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:43 pm

harveybirdman502 wrote:
Thanks for the reply on this. I finally understood that this is just a poorly constructed question. I don't think these people knew exactly what they were doing until around PT 20.

No problem....Yeah - I think that's fair. The stimulus wording is really funky back then at times.

etramak

Postby etramak » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:46 pm

I found out that LSAC removed access to the June 2016 PDFs from my account, so I took the September 2016 LSAT instead. I only took one section of it before cancelling, so this was pretty much fresh (actually pretty much the only fresh prep material I had left). Got a 174 and somehow managed to get every question on the lacquer passage right. I'm still a little rusty but there's a part of me that wishes this test was on this Saturday so it could just be done with.

Facelessgod

Postby Facelessgod » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:04 am

Checking in, going to be taking my first take in February. Been casually prepping for the last couple years on and off but nothing too intense, mainly due to being busy with school or work. I have a month off for winter break plus the first few weeks of classes next semester to dedicate to the LSAT.

PrezRand

Postby PrezRand » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:07 am

Wish I took this test. Guess that's what happens when you don't study for 2 weeks when you needed those 2 weeks

AJordan

Postby AJordan » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:22 am

First official attempt in Feb. Anybody taking/have taken in Munich? Thoughts on the center?

etramak

Postby etramak » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:28 pm

clueless801 wrote:
etramak wrote:I know this test isn't disclosed but do they at least let us know the number of correct responses and the scale?

I'd like to know this too though I always assumed they told us that much.

https://blueprintlsat.com/lsatblog/lsat ... sat-recap/

Looks like a no

CMac86

Postby CMac86 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:15 pm

The LG intensive that I am doing is starting to be reflected on my PT's.

I did test #57 (includes the dinosaur game), and had one of my best LG sections to date. I also did more poorly on the first LR section than I typically do, though. I did a repeat LG section as an experimental (graded separately) as section 3.

First Attempt: LG: -5/+18 (missed 2 on dinosaur game), LR1: -7/+19, LR2: -4/+21, RC: -5/+22. Raw: 80, Adjusted 163
Blind Review: LG -3/+20, LR1: -3/+23, LR2: -2/+23, RC: -3/+24. Raw: 90, Adjusted 170.

Some thoughts on this test/how I did: I didn't let getting flustered impact my time as much-I finished all sections within 35mins (used 7sage Proctor App). Drilling LG has given me a lot more confidence in that section. Reading The New Yorker, Scientific American, and The Economist has helped with comfort/confidence on RC. I still need to enter my results into 7sage analytics to see the exact question types that I missed. I know that I still have plenty of room to improve across the board, but given we are about 5 weeks out, I am going to focus mostly on LG and some LR question types.

If I write my first attempt score on the real thing, it should help provide a fairly safe chance of being admitted to all except my reach schools. I would need to write above my BR score to have a reasonable chance to get into my reach schools...so, I'm guessing I'll be taking the test at least twice. My highest possible LSAC GPA is a 3.0 with the lowest expected being a 2.85 (I still have 18 classes or 52 credit hours till I finish my undergrad).

sethnoorzad

Postby sethnoorzad » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:02 pm

I took in December and will take again in Feb. Best of luck to all..

Taking in December made me realize a few things:
The LSAT is a big event for everyone and determines a lot, so people are really stressed out. I had one woman right behind me making blowing noises like she was working out. Just releasing all her pent up energy everywhere. Felt terrible, it was so rude. I wanted to punch her in the face when the test was over. She was obviously super stressed. I worked a lot on my mindset and confidence so to have someone just being so inconsiderate really upset me.

You could tell her attitude was that she was super stressed and really just wanted to take it out on everyone else in the test center. It's that competitive, snaky attitude where you feel better when others fail that makes me want to SCREAM.

Just wanted to say something about that to get it off my mind.

I am wishing everyone the best of luck with their preparation and I sincerely hope you reach your LSAT goals if you are taking in February : )

airwrecka

Postby airwrecka » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:22 pm

sethnoorzad wrote:I took in December and will take again in Feb. Best of luck to all..

The LSAT is a big event for everyone and determines a lot, so people are really stressed out. I had one woman right behind me making blowing noises like she was working out. Just releasing all her pent up energy everywhere. Felt terrible, it was so rude. I wanted to punch her in the face when the test was over. She was obviously super stressed. I worked a lot on my mindset and confidence so to have someone just being so inconsiderate really upset me.

You could tell her attitude was that she was super stressed and really just wanted to take it out on everyone else in the test center. It's that competitive, snaky attitude where you feel better when others fail that makes me want to SCREAM.

I am wishing everyone the best of luck with their preparation and I sincerely hope you reach your LSAT goals if you are taking in February : )

oh man that sucks! I'm sorry you had that experience :/ luckily during my first take in June, no one in the room was distracting/annoying at all except, ironically, one of the PROCTORS, but only for a couple minutes and luckily it didn't really throw me off my game.

I can't remember--are ear plugs something you're allowed to bring in to the test? probably not, because you'd not be able to hear the call for time, but it might help some people to focus...

sethnoorzad

Postby sethnoorzad » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:35 pm

airwrecka wrote:
sethnoorzad wrote:I took in December and will take again in Feb. Best of luck to all..

oh man that sucks! I'm sorry you had that experience :/ luckily during my first take in June, no one in the room was distracting/annoying at all except, ironically, one of the PROCTORS, but only for a couple minutes and luckily it didn't really throw me off my game.

I can't remember--are ear plugs something you're allowed to bring in to the test? probably not, because you'd not be able to hear the call for time, but it might help some people to focus...

Well, there's another month for me to develop strategies. It feels like the mental/endurance part is at least a third of the difficulty of the test. She started the noises in the first half, so next time I will not hesitate to ask for a seat change at break. Going to call LSAC to see if that's an option. Going to also take PT's with my SO trying to annoy me as much as possible. By test day, I'm going to be mentally prepared. I think taking twice is helpful because you get a sense of what it's actually like. Of course I've been taking PT's with a proctor app and analog watch, but there's nothing as valuable as actually taking the real thing.

maybeman

Postby maybeman » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:19 pm

airwrecka wrote:

Earplugs are prohibited :?

etramak

Postby etramak » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:05 pm

Very happy to do well on PT 55 today. Very happy to finish the logic game section in less than 25 minutes. Very unhappy to find out when I was done that I missed two questions on that section because I rushed through it

chasima

Postby chasima » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:19 pm

<3
Last edited by chasima on Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maybeman

Postby maybeman » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:37 pm

chasima wrote:Ok officially locked in to study full time and (hopefully) be super active on this thread now. Currently blind reviewing PT 62, will probably drill tomorrow. What does everyone's typical study routine look like?

Oh and I'm a retaker :)

Finally. June '17 is already more of a party than this thread

2 sections a day (LG, RC). PT twice a week. BR all of it. Haphazard memory method and foolproofing. Will increase the # of PTs I take starting next week. What's your routine looking like?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”