February 2017 LSAT Thread

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
PrezRand

Gold

Re: February 2017 LSAT Thread

Postby PrezRand » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:56 am

2nd day drilling. I'm fully motivated now and have no distractions or a desire to be lazy. It just sucks seeing how much I am struggling early on though :(

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:27 pm

Printed out every question PT1-38, blowing through multiple ink cartridges.

It will be worth it. It will all be worth it.

PrezRand

Gold

Postby PrezRand » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:09 pm

The only 2 books that have come in are 52-61 and 62-71. 4 LRs in. 7, 7, 11, 9 :(

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:14 pm

PrezRand wrote:The only 2 books that have come in are 52-61 and 62-71. 4 LRs in. 7, 7, 11, 9 :(

I just bought the Cambridge bundle. Expensive but it has everything.

PrezRand

Gold

Postby PrezRand » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:43 pm

Rigo wrote:
PrezRand wrote:The only 2 books that have come in are 52-61 and 62-71. 4 LRs in. 7, 7, 11, 9 :(

I just bought the Cambridge bundle. Expensive but it has everything.

I got 10 books for less than 100 and only less than 15 PTs are missing I believe

blackmamba8

Bronze

Postby blackmamba8 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:20 pm

My "10 actual" book with PT's 42-51 came in the mail today, as well as my Superprep and Superprep II books. I'm glad I was able to get my hands on these as I now have 26 fresh tests (including the December exam when it comes out) rather than the 14 fresh PTs I had available before. I've only taken 4 PTs since the September exam, and zero in the past week and a half, but I think I'm going to start back up November 9th and do two a week. I've been focusing on going through the 7sage curriculum and drilling sections for the past month or so. For logic games I've been going through the Cambridge packets and doing 5 new games each day as well as the five games from the previous day.

klaudiaxo

New

Postby klaudiaxo » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:52 pm

PrezRand wrote:2nd day drilling. I'm fully motivated now and have no distractions or a desire to be lazy. It just sucks seeing how much I am struggling early on though :(

same! it's not easy .. i keep putting of the exam ugh

PrezRand

Gold

Postby PrezRand » Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:59 pm

I realized my LR drilling was not working because I basically threw myself into the wild and expected to improve with more repetition. I'm going to try focusing on each type of LR question and drill those for PT 7-39.

Here's the master list for LR questions by type: http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=108425

Time to shotgun!

CMac86

Bronze

Postby CMac86 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:47 pm

I did the upgrade on 7sage to Ultimate +. If anyone else is on their discussion page, I'm there under the name cam.

I have made an effort to maximize my efficiency, e.g. not waste time while at home. Since I did the upgrade, it took my core curriculum from 169hrs to 237hrs, and I have completed 125hrs of it as of tonight. The extra problem sets (4/5 and 5/5 difficulty) have taught me not to fall for trap answers. I just finished a game where I made a false inference that lead me to missing 2/6 questions.

If I keep up my current speed, I'll be to the point of taking PT's and BR'ing tests in about two weeks according to my study schedule. It feels a little odd NOT taking a PT this week. However, I have been drilling problem sets every day. Tomorrow is my minimal LSAT day (I wrap up my coursework for the week and get started on next week's assignments), so I'll be back to going full force on Monday.

I'm getting anxious to find out if my command is going to approve my request for time to take the February test. They said they would let me know by December 1st.

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Postby Barack O'Drama » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:02 pm

CMac86 wrote:I did the upgrade on 7sage to Ultimate +. If anyone else is on their discussion page, I'm there under the name cam.

I have made an effort to maximize my efficiency, e.g. not waste time while at home. Since I did the upgrade, it took my core curriculum from 169hrs to 237hrs, and I have completed 125hrs of it as of tonight. The extra problem sets (4/5 and 5/5 difficulty) have taught me not to fall for trap answers. I just finished a game where I made a false inference that lead me to missing 2/6 questions.

If I keep up my current speed, I'll be to the point of taking PT's and BR'ing tests in about two weeks according to my study schedule. It feels a little odd NOT taking a PT this week. However, I have been drilling problem sets every day. Tomorrow is my minimal LSAT day (I wrap up my coursework for the week and get started on next week's assignments), so I'll be back to going full force on Monday.

I'm getting anxious to find out if my command is going to approve my request for time to take the February test. They said they would let me know by December 1st.

Nice, dude. I post under Alex D. I'll give you a shout!
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PrezRand

Gold

Postby PrezRand » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:54 pm

I looked into the courses for 7sage. It's a little too pricey for me out of pocket. I'll just stick with the Prep-tests for now.

O.J.

Bronze

Postby O.J. » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:19 pm

Hey guys, just registered for the February test. Hoping it's not too late to begin study now? Fortunately I have no work or school obligations until mid-January, so do you think studying full time from now until feb. will be ok? Or am I too late here?

CMac86

Bronze

Postby CMac86 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:25 pm

O.J. wrote:Hey guys, just registered for the February test. Hoping it's not too late to begin study now? Fortunately I have no work or school obligations until mid-January, so do you think studying full time from now until feb. will be ok? Or am I too late here?

What is your diagnostic and what is your goal score range?

If you haven't completed a diagnostic, you can get the June 2007 test for free from the LSAC site.

You're looking at three months to study. To me, it seems like could be cutting it close depending on your goals, but since you don't have work or school obligations, it could work out.

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:31 pm

O.J. wrote:Hey guys, just registered for the February test. Hoping it's not too late to begin study now? Fortunately I have no work or school obligations until mid-January, so do you think studying full time from now until feb. will be ok? Or am I too late here?

3 months is a good amount of time! Hit the books and keep motivated.

superspliter13

New

Postby superspliter13 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:52 pm

Have a bit of a dilemma hoping for some solid advice. I'll start with a little bit of background. I 1st took the LSAT back in 2013 with very little prep and got a super low score, as I was planning to enroll in a joint degree program, but was later advised not to do so. So I opted to just complete the masters separately hopefully to combat a low undergrad GPA (former bio major, later changed to sports management). Fast foward to now im completing my masters degree although it won't matter as far as LSAC GPA is concerned. Knowing that my LSAT score is, make or break should I cram for the Dec test ( had previously planned for sept, but with work (job change) and school I couldn't fully study as much as i wanted) or put off till Feb ? Asking since date change deadline is fastly approaching. I'm planning to apply this cycle as to start after graduation from masters this spring.

Haven't really taken many practice test and that is the main reason as to why I'm considering postponing. If I wait till Feb I feel I'll have much more time to study, as finals will be done in December and can work more on drilling in areas that I haven't mastered yet ( LR and RC). And By the time classes resume in Jan. then I would have completed a lot of prep for Feb. Just wondering if Feb is too late for this cycle ? I've checked deadlines for schools I'm looking at applying and of the schools only one would miss the priority deadline by maybe two days .

*Extra info: I'm interested in becoming a sports agent, and yes I know people will say not to go to law school but, I'm also interested in becoming legal counsel for a sport organization. Reason to not take time off as I took time off between undergrad and grad school ( Graduated UG - FA 2013, Started Grad Fall 15)

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:13 pm

Planned to start studying today. Ugh don't wanna

PrezRand

Gold

Postby PrezRand » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:17 pm

Rigo wrote:Planned to start studying today. Ugh don't wanna

It's honestly not that bad. I started last Wednesday. Now, I actually have a reason to go to the library more. I also got back into my workout routine.

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:32 pm

Yeah I just need to get into a routine. The first few days are the hardest to get motivated about.

O.J.

Bronze

Postby O.J. » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:10 pm

My first day of study today too. Not focused but keep re-reading the same page over and over, and watching the same video over and over. It'll click soon I hope, lol.

Onward!

Curious, are you guys taking in February to get a jump start for 2018 admissions, or a late start for 2017 admissions?

CMac86

Bronze

Postby CMac86 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:32 pm

O.J. wrote:My first day of study today too. Not focused but keep re-reading the same page over and over, and watching the same video over and over. It'll click soon I hope, lol.

Onward!

Curious, are you guys taking in February to get a jump start for 2018 admissions, or a late start for 2017 admissions?

Really early start for 2019. My work schedule is very busy during the June test time, so that test is out for me. October is a crapshoot, so my main options for testing are December and February. I figure, if I either don't take the February test or don't score as high as I would like, I'll put in a request to my command to be approved to take the October 2017 test, if that doesn't go through, I'll be shooting for Dec 2017 or Feb 2018.

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:45 pm

O.J. wrote:Curious, are you guys taking in February to get a jump start for 2018 admissions, or a late start for 2017 admissions?

Jump start for 2018.

O.J.

Bronze

Postby O.J. » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:08 pm

Rigo wrote:
O.J. wrote:Curious, are you guys taking in February to get a jump start for 2018 admissions, or a late start for 2017 admissions?

Jump start for 2018.

Me too. June is out for me (like Cmac) with full load in Spring at school, so I have this Feb and then September for a retake if needed. Would hate to retake in December, so hoping these two will get it done. GL guys.

I didn't get studying done today at all, just sat here for 4 hours doing nothing. Back at it tomorrow morning.

Oh, and diagnostic was a 155, but that was before studying. Hoping to hit 165 on first real test, but I'll be ok with a 160. 3.6 LGPA, 3.8UGPA. I have some killer softs so I should have some decent T50 schools to choose from. Need to stay in Los Angeles, so LMU is my target for now.

CMac86

Bronze

Postby CMac86 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:04 pm

O.J. wrote:
Me too. June is out for me (like Cmac) with full load in Spring at school, so I have this Feb and then September for a retake if needed. Would hate to retake in December, so hoping these two will get it done. GL guys.

I didn't get studying done today at all, just sat here for 4 hours doing nothing. Back at it tomorrow morning.

Oh, and diagnostic was a 155, but that was before studying. Hoping to hit 165 on first real test, but I'll be ok with a 160. 3.6 LGPA, 3.8UGPA. I have some killer softs so I should have some decent T50 schools to choose from. Need to stay in Los Angeles, so LMU is my target for now.

Good luck!

I don't have the GPA that you do, so I'm banking on a higher LSAT to make up for it. I made some stupid decisions in my first attempt at college, so if I pull a 3.5+ to finish my degree (about half finished) I should end up with a 2.75-2.9 LSAC GPA.

I need to write a 160+ to have a shot at the bulk of my target schools and a 172+ for my reach schools (based off of what I read/saw on LSN). I want to live/practice in Chicago, so I'm targeting the schools in that area. Northwestern & UIUC are my reach schools, Chicago-Kent, Loyola-Chicago, and Depaul are the others I am planning on applying to. The biggest fault I can find with UIUC is that I'm not a fan of Champaign-Urbana. I'm not overly concerned about the cost since I'll be going to school via the GI Bill (thank you GI Bill and Yellow Ribbon program) aided by VA Disability benefits (looking at 50-80% disability when I get out) as well as savings to live off of.

I took another test the week after I started 7sage (after an extended study break) and was back down to a 155. Before the break, I was writing 159-162. I'm getting excited/anxious to start taking PT's again once I finish up the core curriculum. I am making a conscious effort to avoid burn out when I'm burning the candle in several places (finishing undergrad, work, losing weight, medical issues, and LSAT study).

O.J.

Bronze

Postby O.J. » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:58 pm

Love the determination and enthusiasm, Cmac. I think you got this. Keep at it and good luck!

I'm an old guy, so if I can do this, anyone can!

blackmamba8

Bronze

Postby blackmamba8 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:09 pm

Rigo wrote:

Jump start for 2018.

Same. This is my last shot at it so I'm hoping to do well and have all my application materials ready to go when apps open in September.

What are you guys' dream schools? Mine's Michigan with Cornell being a close second.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?