Who is GLAD they went to LS and got their JD?

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
bmathers

Silver

Who is GLAD they went to LS and got their JD?

Postby bmathers » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:28 am

Hey all,

Who here is glad that they attended law school and got their JD? It seems like all I read in respect to that on this forum is people totally regretting their decision. I realize that message boards may tend to serve as places for people to vent/be cynical and be a collection of such opinions, but I'm wondering if there are people on here with a different perspective.

When I was going for my undergrad degree (Secondary Education), I had many teachers warn me against becoming a teacher. I ignored the advice, and regret that decision (if I did college again, I would probably get a biology-related degree). The inner-cty school systems that I have taught in are a mess and very stressful. Does anyone have anything positive to say about having your JD/being a lawyer (not biglaw, say midlaw)?

Thanks!

CoGar

New

Re: Who is GLAD they went to LS and got their JD?

Postby CoGar » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:16 am

bmathers wrote:Hey all,

Who here is glad that they attended law school and got their JD? It seems like all I read in respect to that on this forum is people totally regretting their decision. I realize that message boards may tend to serve as places for people to vent/be cynical and be a collection of such opinions, but I'm wondering if there are people on here with a different perspective.

When I was going for my undergrad degree (Secondary Education), I had many teachers warn me against becoming a teacher. I ignored the advice, and regret that decision (if I did college again, I would probably get a biology-related degree). The inner-cty school systems that I have taught in are a mess and very stressful. Does anyone have anything positive to say about having your JD/being a lawyer (not biglaw, say midlaw)?

Thanks!

LSAT prep might not be the best thread to post this in... but what do i know i'm just a junior in undergrad, sorry for being a douche

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:24 am

Obama

silenttimer

Bronze

Postby silenttimer » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:58 am

I'm glad I went to law school. I graduated from a T25-30 law school in 2010 with 135k in debt. I was a big law summer associate in 2009 and was no-offered. Found a state-level clerkship after graduation and I have been at a V50 firm (mid-market) since clerkship. I refinanced through sofi and was able to pay my debt off in February 2015, less than 5 years after graduating from law school. I'm doing well financially and can jump to a more "interesting" opportunity any time I want to, although I do like my practice area. Going to law school has been very good decision for me and from a ROI perspective, it has been very good.

Good Guy Gaud

Platinum

Postby Good Guy Gaud » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:15 pm

Although I have a ton of shitty days, I am generally happy with my decision. I get to help people and the ladies love it when they find out I'm a lawyer. I also get to work inside an air-conditioned building.

jnwa

Silver

Postby jnwa » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:16 pm

Good Guy Gaud wrote:Although I have a ton of shitty days, I am generally happy with my decision. I get to help people and the ladies love it when they find out I'm a lawyer. I also get to work inside an air-conditioned building.

Mynameisntjames wrote:

proteinshake

Gold

Postby proteinshake » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:33 pm

Good Guy Gaud wrote:Although I have a ton of shitty days, I am generally happy with my decision. I get to help people and the ladies love it when they find out I'm a lawyer. I also get to work inside an air-conditioned building.

haha I love this

Danger Zone

Platinum

Removed

Postby Danger Zone » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:52 pm

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�