Drilling (LG/LR) Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Lori2244

New

Drilling (LG/LR)

Post by Lori2244 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:48 pm

Is it most effective to learn a specific topic and drill using the 7sage method until you get a perfect score/ are in the target time, OR is it best to learn all the methods, finish all the books, and then go back and drill each section? I'm aiming for the February test (but may decide to take June) so time isn't the issue, I am just not sure which way to go about it.

SunDevil14

Bronze

Re: Drilling (LG/LR)

Post by SunDevil14 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:52 pm

For LG, I felt what helped me improve the most is going through a prep book like Powerscore/Manhattan Prep, followed by relentlessly drilling games. Get the basics down first without time restrictions, then start using time restrictions. Once you start taking timed sections, go back through all the questions once you finish and confirm/change the answers. Keep track of you scores for the timed attempt and review attempt. Save games you struggled on to do a few weeks later, and repeat the process. Once you have mastered a specific game then set it aside.

LR, once you get to the point where you can answer all questions in the time limit, use a similar process as described above where you confirm and change answers before checking which questions you got wrong.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”