Study Buddies in DC!

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
JohnZ

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:24 pm

Study Buddies in DC!

Postby JohnZ » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:51 pm

Hello peeps, I hope your lsat studying is going well. I wonder if any of you live in DC and we can connect with each other on weekends.

User avatar
floatie

Silver
Posts: 590
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:39 pm

Re: Study Buddies in DC!

Postby floatie » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:22 pm

I live in the DMV area and I'd love a study buddy :)

User avatar
kellyfrost

Platinum
Posts: 6361
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:58 pm

Re: Study Buddies in DC!

Postby kellyfrost » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:03 pm

He is probably looking for a "casual encounter."
Last edited by kellyfrost on Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
floatie

Silver
Posts: 590
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:39 pm

Re: Study Buddies in DC!

Postby floatie » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:30 am

Hahah...anyways if anyone in the DC area wants a totally platonic study buddy, I'm down

JohnZ

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:24 pm

Re: Study Buddies in DC!

Postby JohnZ » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:50 pm

kellyfrost wrote:He is probably looking for a "casual encounter."

lol I usually go to tinder for casual encounter

JohnZ

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:24 pm

Re: Study Buddies in DC!

Postby JohnZ » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:52 pm

floatie wrote:I live in the DMV area and I'd love a study buddy :)

That's awesome. I can print PTs if you would like to practice together or we can figure out a study plan.

chicharon

Silver
Posts: 1196
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:57 pm

Re: Study Buddies in DC!

Postby chicharon » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:01 pm

JohnZ wrote:
floatie wrote:I live in the DMV area and I'd love a study buddy :)

That's awesome. I can print PTs if you would like to practice together or we can figure out a study plan.

Somewhat interested, let me know what you guyses' plan is and maybe I'll join in 8)

User avatar
floatie

Silver
Posts: 590
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:39 pm

Re: Study Buddies in DC!

Postby floatie » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:23 pm

Are you guys taking it in September or later?

JohnZ

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:24 pm

Re: Study Buddies in DC!

Postby JohnZ » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:35 pm

floatie wrote:Are you guys taking it in September or later?

I will take in December. I was going to take it in September but then I figured the early decision deadline of the school I wanna apply is at the end of January so there is really no need for rushing. My plan for studying group is creating a test center environment at a library or somewhere quiet on Sat on Sunday. Then we can check the answers and discuss our mistakes or confusions. Essentially, I would like to create a mock test environment since I have taken it once and my takeaway is that being able to concentrate for four hours is really important. To be honest, I am not very self-disciplined and between each section, I always tend to check my phone or read something else. I guess if one or two study buddies can join me that would be great!

chicharon

Silver
Posts: 1196
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:57 pm

Re: Study Buddies in DC!

Postby chicharon » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:03 pm

floatie wrote:Are you guys taking it in September or later?


September.

JohnZ wrote:I will take in December. I was going to take it in September but then I figured the early decision deadline of the school I wanna apply is at the end of January so there is really no need for rushing. My plan for studying group is creating a test center environment at a library or somewhere quiet on Sat on Sunday. Then we can check the answers and discuss our mistakes or confusions. Essentially, I would like to create a mock test environment since I have taken it once and my takeaway is that being able to concentrate for four hours is really important. To be honest, I am not very self-disciplined and between each section, I always tend to check my phone or read something else. I guess if one or two study buddies can join me that would be great!

Which library did you have in mind?

User avatar
floatie

Silver
Posts: 590
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:39 pm

Re: Study Buddies in DC!

Postby floatie » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:06 pm

chicharon wrote:
floatie wrote:Are you guys taking it in September or later?


September.

JohnZ wrote:I will take in December. I was going to take it in September but then I figured the early decision deadline of the school I wanna apply is at the end of January so there is really no need for rushing. My plan for studying group is creating a test center environment at a library or somewhere quiet on Sat on Sunday. Then we can check the answers and discuss our mistakes or confusions. Essentially, I would like to create a mock test environment since I have taken it once and my takeaway is that being able to concentrate for four hours is really important. To be honest, I am not very self-disciplined and between each section, I always tend to check my phone or read something else. I guess if one or two study buddies can join me that would be great!

Which library did you have in mind?


I'm taking it in September also. I've only lived in the DC area for a couple of months so I don't know what the best place would be to set up a test-taking environment. I'm open to any suggestions!

JohnZ

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:24 pm

Re: Study Buddies in DC!

Postby JohnZ » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:47 pm

i know a library which is about 10 mins walk from Union station. I have been there couple of times and we can book a meeting room.

chicharon

Silver
Posts: 1196
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:57 pm

Re: Study Buddies in DC!

Postby chicharon » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:14 am

JohnZ wrote:i know a library which is about 10 mins walk from Union station. I have been there couple of times and we can book a meeting room.


Welp there we go. Name of library, what date and time?

JohnZ

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:24 pm

Re: Study Buddies in DC!

Postby JohnZ » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:44 am

plz pm me your phone numbers and we can figure a time that works for each of us.

chicharon

Silver
Posts: 1196
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:57 pm

Re: Study Buddies in DC!

Postby chicharon » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:52 am

JohnZ wrote:plz pm me your phone numbers and we can figure a time that works for each of us.

PM sent.

JohnZ

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:24 pm

Re: Study Buddies in DC!

Postby JohnZ » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:25 pm

This group still welcomes new members to join!

Barack Obama 2.0

New
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 8:00 pm

Re: Study Buddies in DC!

Postby Barack Obama 2.0 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:33 pm

floatie wrote:Hahah...anyways if anyone in the DC area wants a totally platonic study buddy, I'm down


I don't know why but the fact that you had to qualify your statement by specifying that you were looking for a platonic study buddy made me laugh so hard. Currently in the library and people are looking at me like I have 3 heads. :lol: :lol: Good luck finding someone.

User avatar
floatie

Silver
Posts: 590
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:39 pm

Re: Study Buddies in DC!

Postby floatie » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:54 pm

Barack Obama 2.0 wrote:
floatie wrote:Hahah...anyways if anyone in the DC area wants a totally platonic study buddy, I'm down


I don't know why but the fact that you had to qualify your statement by specifying that you were looking for a platonic study buddy made me laugh so hard. Currently in the library and people are looking at me like I have 3 heads. :lol: :lol: Good luck finding someone.


Glad I made you laugh! It was mostly in response to earlier allegations that the OP for this thread was looking for a casual encounter.



Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests