LG pratice. 5 games in 35 minuts

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
SunDevil14

Bronze

LG pratice. 5 games in 35 minuts

Postby SunDevil14 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:48 pm

Is it advisable to prep for the logic games section by doing 5 games in 35 minutes instead of 4?

The result is that you are limited to 7:00 a game instead of 8:45. I believe the extra game will force one to make quick inferences and decision, as well as being more flexible in inferences and approaches to each question. Also will force one you work at a faster pace, and better recognize when to skip a question or move on after a good guess.

My concern is that the extra game does not best mimic the actual test.

Deardevil

Bronze

Re: LG pratice. 5 games in 35 minuts

Postby Deardevil » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:41 pm

Not sure... There are always hard games that require more time.
A random fifth wouldn't do any favors, especially if it's difficult.

Gold

Postby 20170322 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:47 pm

SunDevil14 wrote:Is it advisable to prep for the logic games section by doing 5 games in 35 minutes instead of 4?

The result is that you are limited to 7:00 a game instead of 8:45. I believe the extra game will force one to make quick inferences and decision, as well as being more flexible in inferences and approaches to each question. Also will force one you work at a faster pace, and better recognize when to skip a question or move on after a good guess.

I did this, and it helped immensely.

SunDevil14

Bronze

Postby SunDevil14 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:30 pm

SweetTort wrote:
SunDevil14 wrote:Is it advisable to prep for the logic games section by doing 5 games in 35 minutes instead of 4?

I noticed you mentioned it on a different thread. I was not sure if it was just a challenge for Lsat wizards or applicable to ordinary people. (High 160's) scorer. You scores and progressive are impressive. What should I expect when I first start doing 5 games in 35 minutes?

Gold

Postby 20170322 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:36 pm

SunDevil14 wrote:
SweetTort wrote:

I noticed you mentioned it on a different thread. I was not sure if it was just a challenge for Lsat wizards or applicable to ordinary people. (High 160's) scorer. You scores and progressive are impressive. What should I expect when I first start doing 5 games in 35 minutes?

Well, don't do it if you're struggling hardcore. I SUCKED at logic games, so I did them 1 by 1, untimed. Then 1 by 1, timed. Then packets of 5, timed but without a time limit. Finally I did 5 in under 35 minutes. Now I can do 5 in 25 minutes with -2 or fewer. I think it's nice so that when you go into the actual test, LG will be a complete breeze.

tofuspeedstar

Platinum

Postby tofuspeedstar » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:37 pm

You should put game 3 from PT57 in the middle of all your LG drills if you're doing 5.

SunDevil14

Bronze

Postby SunDevil14 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:13 am

I have access to games from tests 1-40.

I can get -0 more often then not on untimed games. Furthermore, I can usually get all the questions right on individually timed games. Where I run into issues with timed tests is when I arrive at the last game with roughly 5 minutes. Often due to poor time management, whether that be spending too much time to confirm answers, deciding not to skip one pesky question, or misreading a rule.

I have made copies off all the games from the first 20 tests so far. (Each labeled by type.) I suppose I will start off by shuffling the stack, and taking 5 at random. 40 minutes at the start (8:00 a game) and then work it down to 35 minutes. Next remove easy games from the stack and keeping the hard ones in the stack. Rinse and Repeat. Try to get to the point where I can complete 5 tough games in 35 minutes.

SunDevil14

Bronze

Postby SunDevil14 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:41 pm

tofuspeedstar wrote:You should put game 3 from PT57 in the middle of all your LG drills if you're doing 5.

Just did that game a few days ago, easily the hardest game I have seen.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�