6.5 weeks to PT?

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
New_Spice180

Bronze

6.5 weeks to PT?

Postby New_Spice180 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:56 am

Hey guys, I'm winding down on everything, in terms of drilling and I'm realizing that I'm a bit late on my schedule! And I was thinking, would 6 weeks be realistic in terms of getting used to timing/PTing/BRing? My goal is a 170+, so I'm willing to push out to December but I feel like that would give me too much time.

Anyway, I'd like to hear what you all have to say! Thanks!

Mikey

Platinum

Re: 6.5 weeks to PT?

Postby Mikey » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:10 pm

Only you can know this, because only you know the pace at which you learn. Have you done individual timed sections? If so, have you done well on them?

6 1/2 weeks at a 2 or 3 PT per week pace can allow you to get in any where between 12 to 19 PTs (estimate). You will most likely be able to get used to PTing and BRing within that range of PTs.

RamTitan

Silver

Postby RamTitan » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:48 pm

No such thing as too much time to study; with that said, shoot for September and see how you feel. If you're not where you want to be two weeks before the exam, postpone, or just take it twice with the intent to use September as a way to get ready for December.

Blueprint Mithun

Bronze

Postby Blueprint Mithun » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:53 pm

New_Spice180 wrote:Hey guys, I'm winding down on everything, in terms of drilling and I'm realizing that I'm a bit late on my schedule! And I was thinking, would 6 weeks be realistic in terms of getting used to timing/PTing/BRing? My goal is a 170+, so I'm willing to push out to December but I feel like that would give me too much time.

Anyway, I'd like to hear what you all have to say! Thanks!

Yeah, I think that's doable in six weeks, knowing how much time and effort you put into your prep. With timing, it can be very intimidating at first, but push through and you'll start to see some results.

New_Spice180

Bronze

Postby New_Spice180 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:42 am

Thanks for the advice everyone. Yesterday I was going through a timed LR section and I was like "Oh my God, drilling without time was such a luxury." I'm trying to find a good rhythm to answer my questions. For instance I don't want to read too quickly to where my brain comes up with a big question mark but I feel like if I take my time, as I did with drilling, then I'm going fall behind on my time signatures (i.e 10 in 10 mins, 15 in 15 mins, etc).

Luckily, I've been working on time with LG a lot so things aren't going to be too much of a leap over there and RC definitely needs a push, I just don't want to go into PTing not finishing games/LR/RC passages within the time limit (kicks my OCD into full force) :roll: .

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�