2 Months to go... stressing

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
ebmus11

New

2 Months to go... stressing

Postby ebmus11 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:48 am

Hey guys,

First time posting on this forum, so forgive me (and correct me) if I make any forum-etiquette mistakes!

So I've just finished week 2 on Steve Schwartz' (LSATBlog) 3-month study schedule, and there's 2 months to go, so I'm about 2 weeks behind schedule. I've devised a plan in order to make sure that I can finish before the September 24 LSAT; I'm planning on NOT using some of the days-off in the first 8 weeks (hopefully like 7 days-off used for studying) and just continuing on with the plan so I can save some days, and then in the practice test portion of the plan, which is the last 4 weeks, I'm planning on doing a practice test everyday with review, which would save me approximately 13 days-ish (I think). If I successfully do that, then I should finish before September 24th, with some days to brush up on certain things that I'm not 100% confident in. I'm applying to Canadian schools, by the way, where the LSAT averages for law schools generally aren't as high as the top U.S. ones, so my ideal score would be high 150s, to low 160s, as I have a 3.93 GPA, and at my desired schools a 155 could possibly guarantee me admission (based on last year's averages).

Now that I've given a background on my situation, do you guys think my plan is feasible in getting my desired score? I'm doing pretty well on the logic games (timed I'm averaging -1), but I still haven't reached LR or RC. Do you guys have any tips for me? I'm also going to write in December if my September score isn't adequate, but writing in September and getting a high 150s score would get me into my top choice before Christmas, so getting in early is a big factor for me, so I'm going to write in September, 100%. I.e., I'm open to writing is December, but I don't want to make it my priority over writing in September.

Thanks in advance!

GoGreen17

New

Re: 2 Months to go... stressing

Postby GoGreen17 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:58 am

You know your study habits better than any of us do. If you think you can push yourself to study hard for the next two months then I think you'll be successful. Just don't stress too much about it.

Trust the process

mukol

Bronze

Postby mukol » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:46 am

ebmus11 wrote:Hey guys,

First time posting on this forum, so forgive me (and correct me) if I make any forum-etiquette mistakes!

So I've just finished week 2 on Steve Schwartz' (LSATBlog) 3-month study schedule, and there's 2 months to go, so I'm about 2 weeks behind schedule. I've devised a plan in order to make sure that I can finish before the September 24 LSAT; I'm planning on NOT using some of the days-off in the first 8 weeks (hopefully like 7 days-off used for studying) and just continuing on with the plan so I can save some days, and then in the practice test portion of the plan, which is the last 4 weeks, I'm planning on doing a practice test everyday with review, which would save me approximately 13 days-ish (I think). If I successfully do that, then I should finish before September 24th, with some days to brush up on certain things that I'm not 100% confident in. I'm applying to Canadian schools, by the way, where the LSAT averages for law schools generally aren't as high as the top U.S. ones, so my ideal score would be high 150s, to low 160s, as I have a 3.93 GPA, and at my desired schools a 155 could possibly guarantee me admission (based on last year's averages).

Now that I've given a background on my situation, do you guys think my plan is feasible in getting my desired score? I'm doing pretty well on the logic games (timed I'm averaging -1), but I still haven't reached LR or RC. Do you guys have any tips for me? I'm also going to write in December if my September score isn't adequate, but writing in September and getting a high 150s score would get me into my top choice before Christmas, so getting in early is a big factor for me, so I'm going to write in September, 100%. I.e., I'm open to writing is December, but I don't want to make it my priority over writing in September.

Thanks in advance!

Alberta?

And don't forget that some of them look best 3 years, some take best 60 credits, etc. So that GPA might be higher but idk if you already accounted for that.

lymenheimer

Gold

Postby lymenheimer » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:24 am

Have you taken a strictly timed diagnostic? You may already be pretty close to your goal.

FayRays

New

Postby FayRays » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:40 pm

I think you can do it, don't lose focus, don't be afraid, and sometimes if you feel tired, just go out and have some fun and return home and continue studying. The most important thing is that you don't burn yourself out. 13 pt everyday is a lot.

FayRays

New

Postby FayRays » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:41 pm

On side note:

WHY WHY CANADA are so easy with LSAT scores :x :cry:

Gold

Postby 20170322 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:03 pm

Your GPA took you 3-4 years of hard work, as well as tons of money.

You owe it to yourself to get a commensurate LSAT. Don't take until you're ready.

jng

New

Postby jng » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:05 pm

Dang, which Canadian school are you intending to go too?

All the ones I want are 165+

TAD

Bronze

Postby TAD » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:59 pm

FayRays wrote:On side note:

WHY WHY CANADA are so easy with LSAT scores :x :cry:

Cause they don't start out paying 160K to first year graduates lol, less law schools, and way less applicants

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Postby Barack O'Drama » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:09 pm

SweetTort wrote:Your GPA took you 3-4 years of hard work, as well as tons of money.

You owe it to yourself to get a commensurate LSAT. Don't take until you're ready.

+1000

You have the same GPA as me. I'm aiming for HYS and a 170+ Why on god's green earth are you aiming for a 160!? I get not everyone is a prestige whore like me, but there would be serious advantages for a higher LSAT score in every scenario... With your GPA and a higher LSAT you can get a full-ride, and that would be pretty sweet, even for Canadian schools I imagine. :D

ETA: Do I think it is feasible? I have no idea...What was your diagnostic? If your diagnostic was a 155 and you have 2 months to get to a 160 I would reckon, yes. If you stared in the 140s, no.

What I think is that you should wait until you are ready like Sweet Tort said above me.
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Postby Barack O'Drama » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:17 pm

Also the fact you have 2 months to go and are stressing kind of tells me that you don't think you'll be ready... Mindset is a big part of this test, perhaps the most important. So seriously consider a December take.
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ebmus11

New

Postby ebmus11 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:50 pm

Barack O'Drama wrote:Also the fact you have 2 months to go and are stressing kind of tells me that you don't think you'll be ready... Mindset is a big part of this test, perhaps the most important. So seriously consider a December take.

I'm not actually "stressing" per se, I kind of just said it because it's on my mind a ton.

ebmus11

New

Postby ebmus11 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:51 pm

jng wrote:Dang, which Canadian school are you intending to go too?

All the ones I want are 165+

University of Alberta, since I go here for undergrad.

ebmus11

New

Postby ebmus11 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:52 pm

mukol wrote:

Thanks in advance!

Alberta?

And don't forget that some of them look best 3 years, some take best 60 credits, etc. So that GPA might be higher but idk if you already accounted for that.

Yeah, Alberta, and probably Calgary, Sask, Western, Queens, and Dalhousie.

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Postby Barack O'Drama » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:08 pm

ebmus11 wrote:
Barack O'Drama wrote:Also the fact you have 2 months to go and are stressing kind of tells me that you don't think you'll be ready... Mindset is a big part of this test, perhaps the most important. So seriously consider a December take.

I'm not actually "stressing" per se, I kind of just said it because it's on my mind a ton.

Gotcha. Well, the title mislead me then...

Just make sure you give yourself plenty of time to be prepared. You have a great GPA so I am confident you are capable of doing very well on this test, so long as you give yourself the time you need.

Good luck!
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mukol

Bronze

Postby mukol » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:25 pm

ebmus11 wrote:
mukol wrote:

Thanks in advance!

Alberta?

Yeah, Alberta, and probably Calgary, Sask, Western, Queens, and Dalhousie.

You're pretty much an auto admit with upper 150s at Alberta with that GPA. I honestly wouldn't stress man. It's not like you're shooting for UoT and need a 165+ to be competitive. I might point you the Canadian counterpart of TLS though.

RamTitan

Silver

Postby RamTitan » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:23 pm

Do not stress; stress kills LSAT scores.

Like others have said, take a diagnostic; you might be surprised with where you are at already.

However, something I'd recommend is that if you aren't in the upper 150s within two weeks of the exam, you might need to consider postponing. But that is still quite a bit away.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�