What can night owl do Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
FayRays

New

What can night owl do

Post by FayRays » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:41 am

So, I am one of those people who hates waking up in the morning, stay up till 4 or 5 am
how can I do my schedules accordingly, I mean I tried to change, multiples times
but I end up staying up till 4 or 5 anyway..
Even when I deprive myself of sleep for like 24 hours , or only sleep 2 hours a day, so I can sleep early the next day( I know some of you did that :mrgreen: )
but still guess what the next day I stay up anyway....
So, I am officially a night owl and yeah wouldn't be awesome if I take the June LSAT! But, no can't do that because I graduate in late MAY( hopefully)
I have a year to change but I have a feeling I won't be able to do that!

I am afraid if I keep on doing that, then I will do poorly on the LSAT because I have to take it at 8 am, why would they do that to people?
I mean why not 11 am?

I don't get it, this happens with organic chemistry and physics exams as well
they always put the final on 8 am
and I would be studying till 5 am, and would not be able to sleep : :shock: ( mostly because I am afraid the alarm won't wake me up :oops: )

SO if you are or were a night owl, how do schedule your studying, or how did you change your sleeping times?

mwells56

Silver

Re: What can night owl do

Post by mwells56 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:14 am

I have trouble falling asleep, I'm lucky if I'm snoozing by 2:00 most nights. I pop 2 Unisom at like 8:30 the night before something important, hasn't failed me yet. Wake up feeling a little groggy but if I pop them early enough then I get up early, eat a nice breakfast and feel ready to go.

FayRays

New

Post by FayRays » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:32 pm

mwells56 wrote:I have trouble falling asleep, I'm lucky if I'm snoozing by 2:00 most nights. I pop 2 Unisom at like 8:30 the night before something important, hasn't failed me yet. Wake up feeling a little groggy but if I pop them early enough then I get up early, eat a nice breakfast and feel ready to go.

This is a great advice, thank you

mwells56

Silver

Post by mwells56 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:48 pm

FayRays wrote:
mwells56 wrote:I have trouble falling asleep, I'm lucky if I'm snoozing by 2:00 most nights. I pop 2 Unisom at like 8:30 the night before something important, hasn't failed me yet. Wake up feeling a little groggy but if I pop them early enough then I get up early, eat a nice breakfast and feel ready to go.

This is a great advice, thank you
Just want to emphasize that you need to take them early. If you take them on the later side then you're going to either oversleep or when you wake up you're going to still feel the melatonin swimming around in your brain and you won't be able to focus. I never ever ever take them after 10:00, and even then that's pushing it a bit.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”