review

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
NigeranOU

Bronze

review

Postby NigeranOU » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:11 pm

I just missed 8 problems out of the 35 level one questions in the main point/logical reasoning packet (cambridge).
Is that really bad? or just okay? I need some critique just to measure my progress. (be brutal I can take it)
I feel like complete (insert cuss word). I am never going to make it to 170 scoring like this. My question is, are there any resources that will help me review those 8 wrong ones? I know that review is the key to mastering the lsat.

maybeman

Bronze

Re: review

Postby maybeman » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:40 pm

Be careful not to take your incremental "failures" so personally while studying or you won't come out on the other side in good shape. Nobody is going to tell you missing those questions isn't an issue. It is an issue. But you can absolutely overcome it -- and you'll have to overcome tons of similar issues throughout your prep on different question types and in different sections. Before you check the answers (in the future, as you seem to have checked them here already), go over every problem you weren't 100% confident in without time limits. If I were you, I'd get a 7Sage account and go from there. They will give you explanations. Or buy the PSB/Manhattan/The LSAT Trainer/some combo. Check the boards for advise. HTH

Deardevil

Bronze

Postby Deardevil » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:41 pm

Well, the issue is your mindset. How are you so sure you won't hit 170?

We all more or less start out the same. Be a bit more confident. You'll see results eventually.
Try the Manhattan Prep forums, which contain detailed explanations for previous PrepTests.

Blueprint Mithun

Bronze

Postby Blueprint Mithun » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:57 pm

NigeranOU wrote:I just missed 8 problems out of the 35 level one questions in the main point/logical reasoning packet (cambridge).
Is that really bad? or just okay? I need some critique just to measure my progress. (be brutal I can take it)
I feel like complete (insert cuss word). I am never going to make it to 170 scoring like this. My question is, are there any resources that will help me review those 8 wrong ones? I know that review is the key to mastering the lsat.

Like the last two posters have said, your mindset is really important. I haven't done those packets so I can't comment on their value, but even if I had, I don't know where you're at in your prep, so I can't say if you're making good progress or not. In any case, you obviously have a ways to go, but that 170 is definitely possible. You need to keep your head down and learn from your mistakes rather than taking them to heart. This may sound corny, but it's true: if you got 8 questions wrong, you have 8 learning opportunities when you review. Go over the question carefully, and ask yourself what works and doesn't work about each answer choice. There are plenty of online resources that will help you, but try to reason it out on your own and only go to them once you're stuck, or after you've figured it out. The more you do this, the better you'll get at noticing the little tricks that the LSAT tries to pull on you. Effective review is definitely the key to mastering this test.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:17 pm

You need to have a positive mindset. Being positive can make a big difference, I learned this from experience, trust me. Review all of those questions very carefully, including the ones you got right. You will see improvement once you start doing thorough reviews and grasping what makes an answer choice wrong and what makes the correct one, correct.

NigeranOU

Bronze

Postby NigeranOU » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:15 pm

TheMikey wrote:You need to have a positive mindset. Being positive can make a big difference, I learned this from experience, trust me. Review all of those questions very carefully, including the ones you got right. You will see improvement once you start doing thorough reviews and grasping what makes an answer choice wrong and what makes the correct one, correct.

I did a blind review of all the questions I missed and it turns out I only missed 2. I was able to figure them all out and change the answer. Thanks for the support.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�