Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
littlewing67

Silver

Postby littlewing67 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:34 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

darthlawyer

Bronze

Re: I just finished the LSAT Trainer what now?

Postby darthlawyer » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:57 am

tldr

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:59 am

Save all of the most recent tests for timed PTs. Use the older ones for drilling. Since LR is your weak section, drill by question type after you read the corresponding Q type chapter in the LR bible (of course if you like it and it works for you, if not try one of the other books you have).

littlewing67

Silver

Postby littlewing67 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:26 am

Last edited by littlewing67 on Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

littlewing67

Silver

Postby littlewing67 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:27 am

Last edited by littlewing67 on Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:35 am

xolailaxo wrote:
TheMikey wrote:Save all of the most recent tests for timed PTs. Use the older ones for drilling. Since LR is your weak section, drill by question type after you read the corresponding Q type chapter in the LR bible (of course if you like it and it works for you, if not try one of the other books you have).

This may sound like a silly question but should I do the drilling timed or un-timed? Also do you suggest any good flaw, assumption, strengthen/weaken techniques/books? You da best

Well I didn't use any technique books or anything for LR, so maybe someone else can chime in on that for you but I believe Manhattan has one, not sure though. Also, at first you can start off doing your drills un-timed to actually get familiar with the question type, and then once you get the hang of it, do a few in bulk timed. What I did was (with Cambridge's LR by type v2 book) drill most of the easier questions of a Q type un-timed, and then the medium/hard ones I would do timed once I got the hang of it and saw patterns after the easy ones.

littlewing67

Silver

Postby littlewing67 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:05 pm

Last edited by littlewing67 on Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New_Spice180

Bronze

Postby New_Spice180 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:14 am

xolailaxo wrote:
TheMikey wrote:Save all of the most recent tests for timed PTs. Use the older ones for drilling. Since LR is your weak section, drill by question type after you read the corresponding Q type chapter in the LR bible (of course if you like it and it works for you, if not try one of the other books you have).

This may sound like a silly question but should I do the drilling timed or un-timed? Also do you suggest any good flaw, assumption, strengthen/weaken techniques/books? You da best

I'm glad you referenced these question types, those were the bane of my existence at one point, but now assumption questions are my favorite. So let me be as nice as I can when I speak of the Powerscore bibles, the amount of oversight that this book gives to the assumption class questions is incredible :D :D . It's a good foundational book to get used to seeing the questions, but honestly for me it confused me more. I felt like I was supposed to "just get it" after I was done with assumption questions.
My saving grace was Manhattan LR, and I can imagine that I was at a bit of an advantage after going through the whole powerscore book before using the Manhattan LR, but wow did they break it down for me. So sure use the powerscore book but know that they miss a lot when it comes to understanding for Strengthen/Justify/Weaken/Flaw/Assumption questions.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�