What is a good study aid/book that separates the different types of questions for drilling? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
SunDevil14

Bronze

What is a good study aid/book that separates the different types of questions for drilling?

Post by SunDevil14 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:20 pm

I need suggestions on which resources provide the most/best detailed practice for specific question types.

I own the Manhattan Prep Series and Power Score Series, thus I am not looking for books/resources that contained a long a detailed approach to each question type. Rather, I want something that separates the questions types and provides a long list of questions (back-to-back) that correspond to that question type. The main purpose is to drill question types that I am weak on. Explanations to question would be a plus but are not necessary.

At the moment I am considering the Powerscore workbooks.

At this point in my prep, my highest priority is to perfect certain game types and logical reason questions that consistently give me issues. My average score on PT's is in the mid 160's. I have a solid foundation and high level of mastery of many question/game types.

BobLobLaw11

New

Re: What is a good study aid/book that separates the different types of questions for drilling?

Post by BobLobLaw11 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:38 pm

Powerscore has books that you can drill with which may be the best/easiest option since the Cambridge packets are no longer being sold. You can find them on amazon and they cover PT1-PT40 (all organized by type for LR, LG, and RC) so it's a fair amount to drill with.

proteinshake

Gold

Re: What is a good study aid/book that separates the different types of questions for drilling?

Post by proteinshake » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:47 pm

BobLobLaw11 wrote:Powerscore has books that you can drill with which may be the best/easiest option since the Cambridge packets are no longer being sold. You can find them on amazon and they cover PT1-PT40 (all organized by type for LR, LG, and RC) so it's a fair amount to drill with.
Manhattan has this as well. PTs 41-50 organized by type/difficulty.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:54 pm

BobLobLaw11 wrote:Powerscore has books that you can drill with which may be the best/easiest option since the Cambridge packets are no longer being sold. You can find them on amazon and they cover PT1-PT40 (all organized by type for LR, LG, and RC) so it's a fair amount to drill with.
I am currently using the Power Score Game Type Training and Question Type training - Volume 1 for each is PTs 1-20 and there is also a Volume II. Definitely recommend the investment.

SunDevil14

Bronze

Post by SunDevil14 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:26 pm

jagerbom79 wrote:
I am currently using the Power Score Game Type Training and Question Type training - Volume 1 for each is PTs 1-20 and there is also a Volume II. Definitely recommend the investment.
Thanks, I will probably order those. I personally like Powerscore's material over Manhattan Prep

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”