fluctuating score Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
lawschoolgirl312

Bronze

fluctuating score

Post by lawschoolgirl312 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:31 pm

My score keeps fluctuating between high 160s - mid 170s.... On bad days, I miss about -9 on Logic reasoning and -6 on reading comps and on good days, I only miss -4 on logic reasoning and like -4 on reading comps. Also, I have been trying to BR, but I have been finding myself choosing the right answers the first time, and then when I BR, I choose a wrong one.

Helppppp is this normal??

forum_user

Silver

Re: fluctuating score

Post by forum_user » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:41 pm

You kind of answered your own question right there. If you're BRing and missing questions you originally got right, that means there's something you're still not getting. Don't freak out because you have plenty of time to fix it, but you've just got to put in the work. I'd recommend not scoring your PT after you take it. It's annoying and it's advice I could hardly follow myself, but I imagine that if you know you missed 6 on reading comp, you'll be looking for those 6 questions wherever you can find them which will lead you to change answers you got wrong originally.

Instead, PT, chill out the rest of the day, then BR the next day. Take your time and actually think about why each answer is right or wrong, and be able to explain each. Some people find that actually writing/typing out explanations is helpful, and that might be something that benefits you too. If there's anything you can't get, post it here and we'll explain it to you. This is pretty much the way you should study from now until test day (assuming you've got your basics down, which it sounds like you do).

lawschoolgirl312

Bronze

Re: fluctuating score

Post by lawschoolgirl312 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:50 pm

Hi, thanks for your advice!

The thing is that when I look over what I missed, I usually understand what I missed right away. I'm just getting a bit frustrated because I was scoring like 170s before the last December test and then I only ended up scoring a 165 on the real exam so now I feel like maybe I'm just lying to myself and aren't really doing that well since I didn't get test anxiety or anything. How would you suggest me to study efficiently this time around. I'm only studying from here - September LSAT so I do have lots of time as I just study every day, but I'm starting to doubt if I am doing productive studying.

As for reading comp, I am not quite sure how to BR for it since would that just entail me to read over the whole stimulus?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”