Thoughts on the following approach/books?

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
BlueClearSky

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun May 08, 2016 3:26 pm

Thoughts on the following approach/books?

Postby BlueClearSky » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:49 pm

For the September LSAT:

1. Brief reading of Superprep
2. Holistic: The LSAT Trainer
3. Logic Games: PowerScore LGB
4. Logical Reasoning: Manhattan LR
5. Reading Comprehension: Manhattan RC

With PT's at least 3x every week Monday, Wednesday, and Friday until test day, using the LSAT Proctor DVD.

Thoughts? I'm looking to order the books today.

User avatar
carasrook

Bronze
Posts: 395
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:00 pm

Re: Thoughts on the following approach/books?

Postby carasrook » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:52 pm

BlueClearSky wrote:For the September LSAT:

1. Brief reading of Superprep
2. Holistic: The LSAT Trainer
3. Logic Games: PowerScore LGB
4. Logical Reasoning: Manhattan LR
5. Reading Comprehension: Manhattan RC

With PT's at least 3x every week Monday, Wednesday, and Friday until test day, using the LSAT Proctor DVD.

Thoughts? I'm looking to order the books today.


i 100% think you'll burn out taking PTs 3x a week for months. i also wouldn't start taking PTs until you're comfortable with the material (so you don't waste precious fresh PTs!)

BlueClearSky

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun May 08, 2016 3:26 pm

Re: Thoughts on the following approach/books?

Postby BlueClearSky » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:54 pm

carasrook wrote:
BlueClearSky wrote:For the September LSAT:

1. Brief reading of Superprep
2. Holistic: The LSAT Trainer
3. Logic Games: PowerScore LGB
4. Logical Reasoning: Manhattan LR
5. Reading Comprehension: Manhattan RC

With PT's at least 3x every week Monday, Wednesday, and Friday until test day, using the LSAT Proctor DVD.

Thoughts? I'm looking to order the books today.


i 100% think you'll burn out taking PTs 3x a week for months. i also wouldn't start taking PTs until you're comfortable with the material (so you don't waste precious fresh PTs!)


Thanks for the advice. What do you think about the books?

My plan for the PT's, just to mention, was to progress in three phases:
1. Not timed, checking answers after each question
2. Not timed, full sections
3. Timed, full sections

PSPSPSPS

New
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:04 pm

Re: Thoughts on the following approach/books?

Postby PSPSPSPS » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:55 pm

Hold off on the PTs - or only do 1 per week for about a month then ramp it up. Books seem fine though.

User avatar
momoyome

Bronze
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 4:29 pm

Re: Thoughts on the following approach/books?

Postby momoyome » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:32 pm

BlueClearSky wrote:
carasrook wrote:
BlueClearSky wrote:For the September LSAT:

1. Brief reading of Superprep
2. Holistic: The LSAT Trainer
3. Logic Games: PowerScore LGB
4. Logical Reasoning: Manhattan LR
5. Reading Comprehension: Manhattan RC

With PT's at least 3x every week Monday, Wednesday, and Friday until test day, using the LSAT Proctor DVD.

Thoughts? I'm looking to order the books today.


i 100% think you'll burn out taking PTs 3x a week for months. i also wouldn't start taking PTs until you're comfortable with the material (so you don't waste precious fresh PTs!)


Thanks for the advice. What do you think about the books?

My plan for the PT's, just to mention, was to progress in three phases:
1. Not timed, checking answers after each question
2. Not timed, full sections
3. Timed, full sections


Don't do PTs untimed you're just wasting material. stop focusing on taking tests and start learning the material by reading your books and doing drills of the early pre tests. It's stupid and a waste to be doing full sections untimed and full tests untimed. Look up 7sages blind review method and do that as a way to review previously taken tests. But seriously, don't take a test until you've learned enough of the material that you won't be wasting precious tests and recent questions..,,



Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests