170 Hump

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
lawschoolgirl312

Bronze

170 Hump

Postby lawschoolgirl312 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:07 am

Can someone tell me how to get over the 170 Hump?

I have been scoring constantly 170s but I would like to aim higher, how do you drill even harder at this point?

BirdLawExpert

Gold

Re: 170 Hump

Postby BirdLawExpert » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:10 am

Can you describe what you've been studying, how you've been drilling, and what areas in particular you're dropping points on?

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:44 am

If you're PTing in the 170's, I think the best thing you can do at this point is to blind review if you haven't been doing that already.

pterodactyls

Silver

Postby pterodactyls » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:14 am

Need a breakdown of which sections you're missing questions in.

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Postby Barack O'Drama » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:23 am

TheMikey wrote:If you're PTing in the 170's, I think the best thing you can do at this point is to blind review if you haven't been doing that already.

Mikey is correct. I researched this question a while ago and from 7Sage forum, to Reddit, to TLS, BR seems to be the way to increase your score, especially after that hump. After hitting 170 you're missing so few questions that the nuances of this test begin to be things that may cost you points. BR helps you to see the patterns and will help you get your score up. Take your time and really understand why you got it wrong and you'll be golden!

Congrats on getting into the 170s! :mrgreen:
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lawschoolgirl312

Bronze

Postby lawschoolgirl312 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:06 pm

Hi everyone, thanks for all your responses!

Right now, I am missing about 5-8 questions on Reading Comp and then it ranges from like missing 4-6 questions on Logical Reasoning. I am not really sure how to improve on Reading Comp, I have tried everything from reading the Economist to the Manhattan Prep for Reading Comp. I would like to say I am improving in terms of my reading comp since I used to miss ~10 on them. As for LR, I have tried to BR but when I BR, I still pick the wrong answers and I don't get it until I look up the explanations online. Am I doing it right way? I am just not sure what I am missing

Gold

Postby 20170322 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:10 pm

lawschoolgirl312 wrote:Hi everyone, thanks for all your responses!

Right now, I am missing about 5-8 questions on Reading Comp and then it ranges from like missing 4-6 questions on Logical Reasoning. I am not really sure how to improve on Reading Comp, I have tried everything from reading the Economist to the Manhattan Prep for Reading Comp. I would like to say I am improving in terms of my reading comp since I used to miss ~10 on them. As for LR, I have tried to BR but when I BR, I still pick the wrong answers and I don't get it until I look up the explanations online. Am I doing it right way? I am just not sure what I am missing

Tbh, I think the best way to improve RC is to use the Cambridge packets and just drill relentlessly.

PDX4343

Silver

Postby PDX4343 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:26 pm

Tbh, I think the best way to improve RC is to use the Cambridge packets and just drill relentlessly.

This. I ended up scoring a 173, and RC was definitely the toughest section for me to improve. Drilling got me better at it.

WeightliftingThinker

Bronze

Postby WeightliftingThinker » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:03 am

SweetTort wrote:

When you say Cambridge packets, do you mean the ones organized by question type?

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Postby Barack O'Drama » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:40 am

WeightliftingThinker wrote:
SweetTort wrote:

When you say Cambridge packets, do you mean the ones organized by question type?

Yeah, the ones organized by type. They don't sell them anymore, but if you can get them for a decent price/already have access to them they are amazing!
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WeightliftingThinker

Bronze

Postby WeightliftingThinker » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:29 am

Barack O'Drama wrote:
SweetTort wrote:

Yeah, the ones organized by type. They don't sell them anymore, but if you can get them for a decent price/already have access to them they are amazing!

Thanks! On Amazon, a new one sells for over a thousand dollars.

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Postby Barack O'Drama » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:39 am

Barack O'Drama wrote:
SweetTort wrote:

Yeah, the aren't cheap. I think powerscore also has questions by type that are cheaper and may just do the trick. Otherwise the LSAT Trainer's website gives you a breakdown of question type from all the PTs. This might be an even better option depending on your plan and preferences.
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WeightliftingThinker

Bronze

Postby WeightliftingThinker » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:38 am

Barack O'Drama wrote:
Barack O'Drama wrote:
SweetTort wrote:

Yeah, the aren't cheap. I think powerscore also has questions by type that are cheaper and may just do the trick. Otherwise the LSAT Trainer's website gives you a breakdown of question type from all the PTs. This might be an even better option depending on your plan and preferences.

Is it worth buying a used version of the Cambridge LR by Question Type? They seem to be the cheaper ones. My intuition says yes.

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Post removed...

Postby Barack O'Drama » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:50 am

Post removed...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�