february LSAT

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
jepps23

New

february LSAT

Postby jepps23 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:22 pm

I know this is the date that gets the worst rep.

What are the pros/cons of it in general? Especially for one who was looking to apply for the following admissions cycle?

lymenheimer

Gold

Re: february LSAT

Postby lymenheimer » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:48 am

jepps23 wrote:I know this is the date that gets the worst rep.

What are the pros/cons of it in general? Especially for one who was looking to apply for the following admissions cycle?

Pro: early enough to know if you need a retake
Con: nondisclosed

Con>>>pro (especially when june is early enough to allow a retake)

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:52 pm

The only downside is that it's nondisclosed so if you need to retake, you won't be able to see where you went wrong on the test.

Blueprint Mithun

Bronze

Postby Blueprint Mithun » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:56 pm

jepps23 wrote:I know this is the date that gets the worst rep.

Pros:
- Very early in the cycle. As with the June test, you'll get your score before applications even open, which is in September. So you'll have plenty of time to decide if you want to retake, and study for said retake.

Cons:
- The test and answers are non-disclosed. So your score report won't tell you anything other than your score, and you won't be able to buy a copy of that test to review it.

I think that if you plan out your study schedule to be ready by February, and you're where you want to be by then, it's a good idea. The actual test is not different from the others in a meaningful way. You won't be able to see where you went wrong, which is frustrating in case you want to analyze your test day performance, which if you're retaking, you'll probably want to do. But if you're scoring around where you want on PTs by then, that alone is definitely not a reason to wait all the way until June. LSAT skills have to be maintained with consistent practice, and four months is a long time to keep that up. And if you do well, then it doesn't really matter what score breakdown is.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�