Does anyone have a study schedule they can share with me? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
olikatz

Bronze

Does anyone have a study schedule they can share with me?

Post by olikatz » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:09 pm

Just wondering how other peoples' study schedule leading to the September test is looking? How to you allocate your daily time? Are you breaking up LG or RC by days? How often do you do PT?

proteinshake

Gold

Re: Does anyone have a study schedule they can share with me?

Post by proteinshake » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:26 pm

here is a not so detailed post describing my schedule http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 1#p9373811

SunDevil14

Bronze

Post by SunDevil14 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:34 pm

First 2 months focus mostly on Prep Material (Powers Score/Manhattan Prep) , next 2 months focus mainly on practice, review, and drilling weakness.

First 6-8 weeks:

-Roughly 1 prep book a week
-Roughly 1 prep test a week

I usually allocate 2/3 of my time on study days to new material, 1/3 to reviewing old material and doing and or doing 35 minute sections.

Second 6-8 weeks

-2-3 prep tests/PT review a week (increase frequency the closer you get to test day)
-On the days that you do not take a PT, drill weakness and review.

More comprehensive schedules can be found in the prep forums.

Blueprint Mithun

Bronze

Post by Blueprint Mithun » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:11 pm

olikatz wrote:Just wondering how other peoples' study schedule leading to the September test is looking? How to you allocate your daily time? Are you breaking up LG or RC by days? How often do you do PT?
First off, here's an article on the Blueprint blog about a study plan for the September test. We're down to 3 1/2 months till the test, so you'd want to try and get those first two months of work done in a month and a half, if possible.

https://blueprintlsat.com/lsatblog/lsat ... tudy-plan/

In general though, your prep should progress in the following stages

1) Learn the fundamentals and strategies for all question types.
2) Work on sections to improve those fundamentals, carefully reviewing your mistakes and trying to spot any weaknesses. Take a practice test or two and see how it feels.
3) Move on to timed practice. Do question sprints and timed sections, and continue to strengthen your fundamentals. Start to develop timing strategies for each section.
4) Focus on building your endurance. Take timed preptests, and review them carefully.

PDX4343

Silver

Post by PDX4343 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:59 pm

I agree with pretty much everything said by the other posters, but I wanted to give you my own schedule to provide you with some more data.

Overview: I studied for a little over three months total. I began midway through November, and sat for the February LSAT. I scored a 173. I broke my studying schedule down by month.

Month 1: Study all Powerscore bibles, complete the sample questions in them. I think I only took one sample test this month, and it was my diagnostic. I decided to disregard speed entirely for the first month, and focused on providing myself with a solid basis of knowledge before I attempted to pick up the pace.

Month 2: Weekly PTs. Drilled by question type using Cambridge's(?) drilling packets. I highly, highly recommend this. Drilling was absolutely critical to my success. Also, without even focusing on it, you'll begin to see your speed go up just by virtue of seeing so many of each question type at once.

Month 3: 4 - 5 PT's a week. I ended up doing every PT available during this month. I was already pretty quick from my drilling and weekly PT's in month 2, but just doing this many PTs in a row really got me over the hump time-wise. I was comfortably finishing before I needed to in each section by about the second week in this month.

This is obviously a pretty rough schedule, but hopefully it can help you out some. At the end of the day, you want to be as over-prepared as possible.

meeseeks

Silver

Post by meeseeks » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:43 am

I used the LSAT Trainer 12 week schedule but completed it in 6 weeks. It seemed to work well for me (*final results still pending).

I was spending 30+ hours a week studying though so it depends some on how much time you want to put in.

http://www.thelsattrainer.com/lsat-stud ... tions.html

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”