Studying Using Only PT's(?)

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
180orDie

New

Studying Using Only PT's(?)

Postby 180orDie » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:37 pm

I'm considering just doing PT's 1-72 from now until the September/December test, doing one a day (under testing conditions, obviously) and then going over what I missed and figuring out why. I may even try doing each test twice if time allows for it.

Has anyone attempted such a thing? If so, how did you do on the actual test?

lymenheimer

Gold

Re: Studying Using Only PT's(?)

Postby lymenheimer » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:46 pm

Was my main testing method, and i turned out alright. I wouldnt do one a day though. Id do one/two full tests a week and do sections in between to test your comprehension.

Deardevil

Bronze

Postby Deardevil » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:58 pm

After I'm done with the LRB and LGB, I will do the same.
One week in, I'm halfway through LRB, so I'll give it another two weeks or so.
As 180orDie puts it, one per day is a bit overkill, methinks, but seeing as you have that many PTs, then maybe.
Are you already comfortable with taking the exam without being timed? If not, I think that's where you should start.
Personally, I don't think I'd redo a test, especially in your case because of the sheer amount you'd have to go through.
If I get answers wrong, which I will, I would hone the skills necessary to attack those problems so that, in the future,
I wouldn't get them wrong again, which is essentially what repeating that same exam would do, except time is wasted
on doing old stuff when you could be applying what's learned to what's not yet encountered. Hope that makes sense.

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Postby Barack O'Drama » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:31 am

The only thing I would say is to make sure you have a good foundation first for everything.
I started out that way, but after a couple I realized I didn't have a good foundation for a lot of the different LR/LG questions.

I think you may find this is a great way for prep though! If you know the basics you can just do the tests, and then work on weak spots.
No better way to prepare for the LSAT then to take A LOT of LSATS :D
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

darthrevan92

New

Postby darthrevan92 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:36 am

Hey!

I actually did this for my take in June and up until my June exam, I scored into the high 160s and low 170s for the PT 70s. This coming from a 159 in the beginning of February with June 2007 exam. There were couple of threads of people who took nearly every exam and also retook the PT 70s anf ended up getting mid 170s on their take.

Pneumonia

Gold

Postby Pneumonia » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:08 am

You can do this if you want, but it's far from the most efficient/foolproof method.

Is this how you'd study for a test in undergrad? Or would you break up each category into discreet blocks and master them one at a time? Same logic applies to the LSAT.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�