I'm not ready for June. (Vent Post)

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
lillawyer2

Silver
Posts: 750
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:43 pm

I'm not ready for June. (Vent Post)

Postby lillawyer2 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:36 am

I feel like I should withdraw and take in Sept.

I am not ready for June.

I don't care about the $180.

I am disappointed that I wasted my study time. I failed myself. I was supposed to be ready. I didn't put my all into it. It's a repetitive cycle. I have done this for almost two years. It's frustrating. I actually participate in self sabotage. :cry:

I thought about just taking it. However, I remember that and I got a abysmal score (151!!! :oops: ) I don't need to go through that again.

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: I'm not ready for June. (Vent Post)

Postby Mikey » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:57 am

What are you PTing now? Have you made any improvement at all since your 151? If so, you have not wasted your time. If you don't feel ready, then just postpone until September when you feel more confident about the test.

lillawyer2

Silver
Posts: 750
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:43 pm

Re: I'm not ready for June. (Vent Post)

Postby lillawyer2 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:10 am

TheMikey wrote:What are you PTing now? Have you made any improvement at all since your 151? If so, you have not wasted your time. If you don't feel ready, then just postpone until September when you feel more confident about the test.


I have a 2-3 point consistent increase with embarrassing study habits. At one point when I was focused (short period of time) I scored 159-160.

It isn't about the postponing that is truly bugging me, but it's the fact that I failed myself. lol

Thank you for your post, you helped me feel less like a failure.

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4641
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: I'm not ready for June. (Vent Post)

Postby proteinshake » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:22 am

yeah just wait till September.

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: I'm not ready for June. (Vent Post)

Postby Mikey » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:39 am

lillawyer2 wrote:
TheMikey wrote:What are you PTing now? Have you made any improvement at all since your 151? If so, you have not wasted your time. If you don't feel ready, then just postpone until September when you feel more confident about the test.


I have a 2-3 point consistent increase with embarrassing study habits. At one point when I was focused (short period of time) I scored 159-160.

It isn't about the postponing that is truly bugging me, but it's the fact that I failed myself. lol

Thank you for your post, you helped me feel less like a failure.

Your 2-3 point improvement is still improvement, so you haven't failed yourself. Although it's a stressful test, it's just a test and you have the ability to perform well on it. Postponing to September seems like the best option. With more hard work, you can increase your confidence in the test as well as your score over the Summer. Good luck!

User avatar
pretzeltime

Gold
Posts: 1993
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 6:57 pm

Re: I'm not ready for June. (Vent Post)

Postby pretzeltime » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:50 am

Pretty sure I don't want to venture down this road, but here goes...

From this post and a few others of your's that I've seen, it seems like you are really really struggling with this test and law school in general. Past the point of what I would consider to be a standard overly-anxious 0L.

I am coming from a completely genuine place and I hope you will see it that way --

I think you will have a hard time in law school and really in any higher-stress profession if you continue to be in this psychological/emotional state.

To be honest, no one on an online forum is going to be able to fix that for you. I would really recommend that you look into ways of addressing these deeper issues before moving forward. Therapy is suuuuuuuuuuuuper helpful if you can find a way to afford it. Some medical insurance plans will help or reimburse costs, some won't.

Naturally you don't need to take my advice, but thought I would throw that out there.

User avatar
pretzeltime

Gold
Posts: 1993
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 6:57 pm

Re: I'm not ready for June. (Vent Post)

Postby pretzeltime » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:52 am

P.S. For what it's worth I have benefited a lot from therapy in the past and still utilize it occasionally when issues in life pop up.

lillawyer2

Silver
Posts: 750
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:43 pm

Re: I'm not ready for June. (Vent Post)

Postby lillawyer2 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:39 pm

pretzeltime wrote:P.S. For what it's worth I have benefited a lot from therapy in the past and still utilize it occasionally when issues in life pop up.



Yes, i don't know how to put it.

I lack confidence. I saw a counselor when I was in university bc i had a mini breakdown over the lsat.

In short, he said I beat myself up too hard. I lack confidence and I have a mindset that is poison (my own worse enemy). I used to stress over things that didn't matter or require attention.

While I was seeing him my anxiety calmed down quite a bit. I was very relaxed and my last 2 semesters I obtained a 4.0 gpa. lol


I have to wrk on myself...a lot which is y I took time off bc I knew my maturity level wasn't there for law school. I'm still not there, but I have gotten better. I realize that half of the ish I'm concerned about is in my head. I realize my back and forth nature and inability to focus is my fault and the result of my environment. My home life with my dad isn't good and it is effecting my behavior. They say the sick will take you out and misery loves company and living with my dad i feel truer words were never spoken.

Thanks for the post.. it reminded me that I have to move forward and the things holding me back aren't actually problems....its me creating problems.

User avatar
potus

Bronze
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:34 am

Re: I'm not ready for June. (Vent Post)

Postby potus » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:56 pm

lillawyer2 wrote:I feel like I should withdraw and take in Sept.

I am not ready for June.

I don't care about the $180.

I am disappointed that I wasted my study time. I failed myself. I was supposed to be ready. I didn't put my all into it. It's a repetitive cycle. I have done this for almost two years. It's frustrating. I actually participate in self sabotage. :cry:

I thought about just taking it. However, I remember that and I got a abysmal score (151!!! :oops: ) I don't need to go through that again.


I definitely understand. I'm also on the same boat where I promised myself to get ready for the June 2016 and absolutely get the test done, but it just never happened. Work happened, stress, I'm now out of shape and sick from allergies thanks to the whole Spring season with a flu that's been lingering for almost 2 1/2 weeks now. I decided to postpone to September, and take the summer to better prepare myself mentally and physically. Take this experience and use it as motivation to study even harder. Applying after the September LSAT or even December's isn't too late at all. You should make sure that you're ready to take the LSAT. And if you are, you're putting in your best effort.

lillawyer2

Silver
Posts: 750
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:43 pm

Re: I'm not ready for June. (Vent Post)

Postby lillawyer2 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:51 am

potus wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:I feel like I should withdraw and take in Sept.

I am not ready for June.

I don't care about the $180.

I am disappointed that I wasted my study time. I failed myself. I was supposed to be ready. I didn't put my all into it. It's a repetitive cycle. I have done this for almost two years. It's frustrating. I actually participate in self sabotage. :cry:

I thought about just taking it. However, I remember that and I got a abysmal score (151!!! :oops: ) I don't need to go through that again.


I definitely understand. I'm also on the same boat where I promised myself to get ready for the June 2016 and absolutely get the test done, but it just never happened. Work happened, stress, I'm now out of shape and sick from allergies thanks to the whole Spring season with a flu that's been lingering for almost 2 1/2 weeks now. I decided to postpone to September, and take the summer to better prepare myself mentally and physically. Take this experience and use it as motivation to study even harder. Applying after the September LSAT or even December's isn't too late at all. You should make sure that you're ready to take the LSAT. And if you are, you're putting in your best effort.


can you submit an application before your sept. lsat results come out?

User avatar
A. Nony Mouse

Diamond
Posts: 29317
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 am

Re: I'm not ready for June. (Vent Post)

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:21 am

Applying when you get September results is still very early.

User avatar
potus

Bronze
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:34 am

Re: I'm not ready for June. (Vent Post)

Postby potus » Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:00 pm

lillawyer2 wrote:
potus wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:I feel like I should withdraw and take in Sept.

I am not ready for June.

I don't care about the $180.

I am disappointed that I wasted my study time. I failed myself. I was supposed to be ready. I didn't put my all into it. It's a repetitive cycle. I have done this for almost two years. It's frustrating. I actually participate in self sabotage. :cry:

I thought about just taking it. However, I remember that and I got a abysmal score (151!!! :oops: ) I don't need to go through that again.


I definitely understand. I'm also on the same boat where I promised myself to get ready for the June 2016 and absolutely get the test done, but it just never happened. Work happened, stress, I'm now out of shape and sick from allergies thanks to the whole Spring season with a flu that's been lingering for almost 2 1/2 weeks now. I decided to postpone to September, and take the summer to better prepare myself mentally and physically. Take this experience and use it as motivation to study even harder. Applying after the September LSAT or even December's isn't too late at all. You should make sure that you're ready to take the LSAT. And if you are, you're putting in your best effort.


can you submit an application before your sept. lsat results come out?


You can, but it's early. Typically people submit applications before LSAT results only for February LSATs since they're running a bit late in the cycle, but it is also to make certain deadlines and allows the school to process the application and then wait for the score before reviewing.



Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests