Cambridge Packets

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
NigeranOU

Bronze
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:34 am

Cambridge Packets

Postby NigeranOU » Mon May 30, 2016 4:47 am

Does someone mind sending me the purchase link. I am not sure what I am looking for

User avatar
mornincounselor

Silver
Posts: 1228
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:37 am

Re: Cambridge Packets

Postby mornincounselor » Mon May 30, 2016 5:47 am

Unfortunately, LSAC has shut down Cambridge's ability to sell these very useful packets. I am not aware of any legal means of acquiring them currently.

ponderingmeerkat

Gold
Posts: 1879
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:24 am

Re: Cambridge Packets

Postby ponderingmeerkat » Mon May 30, 2016 8:33 am

Here's a link to amazon where you can buy something that approximates what the Cambridge packets used to do. Sorry you had a very useful product taken from you due to LSAC's corporate inflexibility when working with their partners.

http://www.amazon.com/PowerScore-LSAT-Logical-Reasoning-Preparation/dp/0982661835%20ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Cambridge Packets

Postby Mikey » Mon May 30, 2016 9:56 am

People still sell their used copies but they sell them for much more than its original price. It may be tough to find a decently priced one but check Amazon and eBay.

User avatar
Barack O'Drama

Gold
Posts: 3275
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:21 pm

Re: Cambridge Packets

Postby Barack O'Drama » Mon May 30, 2016 10:53 am

TheMikey wrote:People still sell their used copies but they sell them for much more than its original price. It may be tough to find a decently priced one but check Amazon and eBay.



Yeah I found a set..For $1100. Ridiculous!

I think your best bet is to find someone that has them and willing to selling them for a non-ridiculous price. My friend said he had them several years ago and literally threw them all away after he took the LSAT... I cried when he told me that lol
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Cambridge Packets

Postby Mikey » Mon May 30, 2016 10:59 am

Barack O'Drama wrote:
TheMikey wrote:People still sell their used copies but they sell them for much more than its original price. It may be tough to find a decently priced one but check Amazon and eBay.



Yeah I found a set..For $1100. Ridiculous!

I think your best bet is to find someone that has them and willing to selling them for a non-ridiculous price. My friend said he had them several years ago and literally threw them all away after he took the LSAT... I cried when he told me that lol

Yeah! People are ridiculous with it now, I'm so lucky that I got their Volume 2 LR by type packet. When I drill with it (barely drill anymore from it but do sometimes), I don't write in it so that way I can sell it later on but tbh, I'm not gonna sell it for an insane amount because no one is going to buy that shit haha.

User avatar
Barack O'Drama

Gold
Posts: 3275
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:21 pm

Re: Cambridge Packets

Postby Barack O'Drama » Mon May 30, 2016 11:04 am

TheMikey wrote:
Barack O'Drama wrote:
TheMikey wrote:People still sell their used copies but they sell them for much more than its original price. It may be tough to find a decently priced one but check Amazon and eBay.



Yeah I found a set..For $1100. Ridiculous!

I think your best bet is to find someone that has them and willing to selling them for a non-ridiculous price. My friend said he had them several years ago and literally threw them all away after he took the LSAT... I cried when he told me that lol

Yeah! People are ridiculous with it now, I'm so lucky that I got their Volume 2 LR by type packet. When I drill with it (barely drill anymore from it but do sometimes), I don't write in it so that way I can sell it later on but tbh, I'm not gonna sell it for an insane amount because no one is going to buy that shit haha.


That's excellent--and very smart! If you don't write in it, you should receive a pretty penny for it. When I first started studying for the LSAT, I bought the PS Bible set (used) the Trainer (used) and a few other things. They were cheap, but they all had SO much writing in it. After about 3 days I re-purchased everything because the writing was so distracting. My OCD did not ameliorate it. Anyway, I vowed to not write in my books either so if I sell them I won't put someone through that :)
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Cambridge Packets

Postby Mikey » Mon May 30, 2016 11:31 am

Barack O'Drama wrote:
TheMikey wrote:
Barack O'Drama wrote:
TheMikey wrote:People still sell their used copies but they sell them for much more than its original price. It may be tough to find a decently priced one but check Amazon and eBay.



Yeah I found a set..For $1100. Ridiculous!

I think your best bet is to find someone that has them and willing to selling them for a non-ridiculous price. My friend said he had them several years ago and literally threw them all away after he took the LSAT... I cried when he told me that lol

Yeah! People are ridiculous with it now, I'm so lucky that I got their Volume 2 LR by type packet. When I drill with it (barely drill anymore from it but do sometimes), I don't write in it so that way I can sell it later on but tbh, I'm not gonna sell it for an insane amount because no one is going to buy that shit haha.


That's excellent--and very smart! If you don't write in it, you should receive a pretty penny for it. When I first started studying for the LSAT, I bought the PS Bible set (used) the Trainer (used) and a few other things. They were cheap, but they all had SO much writing in it. After about 3 days I re-purchased everything because the writing was so distracting. My OCD did not ameliorate it. Anyway, I vowed to not write in my books either so if I sell them I won't put someone through that :)

Yeah, it's really the smartest thing to do imo since you can get some money back instead of tossing it all away. I have a buddy who will be starting his LSAT studying I think in like a year (?), so most likely I will sell him some of my materials for a decently low price.

User avatar
Rupert Pupkin

Gold
Posts: 2170
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:21 am

Re: Cambridge Packets

Postby Rupert Pupkin » Mon May 30, 2016 2:46 pm

I have been using the Powerscore Question/Game by Type books as @ponderingmeerkat mentioned. Definitely worth the purchase and saves you time sorting the questions out from early PTs all on your own.

User avatar
mornincounselor

Silver
Posts: 1228
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:37 am

Re: Cambridge Packets

Postby mornincounselor » Mon May 30, 2016 4:46 pm

Barack O'Drama wrote:
TheMikey wrote:People still sell their used copies but they sell them for much more than its original price. It may be tough to find a decently priced one but check Amazon and eBay.



Yeah I found a set..For $1100. Ridiculous!

I think your best bet is to find someone that has them and willing to selling them for a non-ridiculous price. My friend said he had them several years ago and literally threw them all away after he took the LSAT... I cried when he told me that lol


That's pretty ridiculous, was it some kind of bound volume or just a print out of the pdf packets?

User avatar
Barack O'Drama

Gold
Posts: 3275
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:21 pm

Re: Cambridge Packets

Postby Barack O'Drama » Mon May 30, 2016 4:50 pm

mornincounselor wrote:
Barack O'Drama wrote:
TheMikey wrote:People still sell their used copies but they sell them for much more than its original price. It may be tough to find a decently priced one but check Amazon and eBay.



Yeah I found a set..For $1100. Ridiculous!

I think your best bet is to find someone that has them and willing to selling them for a non-ridiculous price. My friend said he had them several years ago and literally threw them all away after he took the LSAT... I cried when he told me that lol


That's pretty ridiculous, was it some kind of bound volume or just a print out of the pdf packets?



Looked like an official bound volume. I believe it was amazon? Possibly Ebay. I saw a couple one was just below $1000 and the other was $1100. Completely mental!
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

acacius

New
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:02 pm

Re: Cambridge Packets

Postby acacius » Mon May 30, 2016 10:26 pm

Ah yes those Cambridge drill PDFs. I remember shelling out over $400 (?) for the Ultimate LSAT Extreme Endurance edition. I told myself I would be able to justify it sometime down the road. Looks like it was a good decision :)

So easy to just print a copy of a LG/LR/RC section when I need it.

User avatar
Barack O'Drama

Gold
Posts: 3275
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:21 pm

Re: Cambridge Packets

Postby Barack O'Drama » Mon May 30, 2016 10:33 pm

acacius wrote:Ah yes those Cambridge drill PDFs. I remember shelling out over $400 (?) for the Ultimate LSAT Extreme Endurance edition. I told myself I would be able to justify it sometime down the road. Looks like it was a good decision :)

So easy to just print a copy of a LG/LR/RC section when I need it.



Lucky man! They are definitely worth it I have been drilling them and they help a lot!
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

acacius

New
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:02 pm

Re: Cambridge Packets

Postby acacius » Mon May 30, 2016 10:45 pm

Barack O'Drama wrote:
acacius wrote:Ah yes those Cambridge drill PDFs. I remember shelling out over $400 (?) for the Ultimate LSAT Extreme Endurance edition. I told myself I would be able to justify it sometime down the road. Looks like it was a good decision :)

So easy to just print a copy of a LG/LR/RC section when I need it.



Lucky man! They are definitely worth it from what I can hear. I wish I could justify and afford*** getting those haha.


Not sure if it's illegal but couldn't you just buy the LSAC books and just de-spine them and then run them through a copier?

User avatar
jnwa

Silver
Posts: 1125
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:35 am

Re: Cambridge Packets

Postby jnwa » Mon May 30, 2016 10:58 pm

I bought the PDF drill packets back when they were still available and still have them. I know selling/giving them away was illegal before but is that still the case now that Cambridge doesn't sell them anymore?

User avatar
Barack O'Drama

Gold
Posts: 3275
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:21 pm

Re: Cambridge Packets

Postby Barack O'Drama » Mon May 30, 2016 11:04 pm

jnwa wrote:I bought the PDF drill packets back when they were still available and still have them. I know selling/giving them away was illegal before but is that still the case now that Cambridge doesn't sell them anymore?



Hmm now that's actually a good question? I have seen for sale online recently (I think I saw one sell about 3 weeks ago) I have no way of knowing if it was 100% legal, but it sold. I can't remember if it was on Ebay or Amazon for the life of me. When I was beginning my prep after graduation a few weeks ago I just couldn't spend that much so settled for the PS trilogy and Trainer and LSAC practice tests. Damn LSAC! lol
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Cambridge Packets

Postby proteinshake » Mon May 30, 2016 11:07 pm

Barack O'Drama wrote:
jnwa wrote:I bought the PDF drill packets back when they were still available and still have them. I know selling/giving them away was illegal before but is that still the case now that Cambridge doesn't sell them anymore?



Hmm now that's actually a good question? I have seen for sale online recently (I think I saw one sell about 3 weeks ago) I have no way of knowing if it was 100% legal, but it sold. I can't remember if it was on Ebay or Amazon for the life of me. When I was beginning my prep after graduation a few weeks ago I just couldn't spend that much so settled for the PS trilogy and Trainer and LSAC practice tests. Damn LSAC! lol

definitely illegal. LSAC still has a copyright over the material.

User avatar
Barack O'Drama

Gold
Posts: 3275
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:21 pm

Re: Cambridge Packets

Postby Barack O'Drama » Mon May 30, 2016 11:20 pm

proteinshake wrote:
Barack O'Drama wrote:
jnwa wrote:I bought the PDF drill packets back when they were still available and still have them. I know selling/giving them away was illegal before but is that still the case now that Cambridge doesn't sell them anymore?



Hmm now that's actually a good question? I have seen for sale online recently (I think I saw one sell about 3 weeks ago) I have no way of knowing if it was 100% legal, but it sold. I can't remember if it was on Ebay or Amazon for the life of me. When I was beginning my prep after graduation a few weeks ago I just couldn't spend that much so settled for the PS trilogy and Trainer and LSAC practice tests. Damn LSAC! lol

definitely illegal. LSAC still has a copyright over the material.



That would make sense. I wonder how Amazon/Ebay would have allowed the users to sell it? I know you usually have to enter in the book's info when you attempt to sell it. I think they had removed the pages and put into a binder so as to sell as a set without including that number. In any case, I wish it weren't so hard to get the old packets. Or I wish the LSAC made packets like Cambridge had for a reasonable price.
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Cambridge Packets

Postby proteinshake » Tue May 31, 2016 12:25 am

Barack O'Drama wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
Barack O'Drama wrote:
jnwa wrote:I bought the PDF drill packets back when they were still available and still have them. I know selling/giving them away was illegal before but is that still the case now that Cambridge doesn't sell them anymore?



Hmm now that's actually a good question? I have seen for sale online recently (I think I saw one sell about 3 weeks ago) I have no way of knowing if it was 100% legal, but it sold. I can't remember if it was on Ebay or Amazon for the life of me. When I was beginning my prep after graduation a few weeks ago I just couldn't spend that much so settled for the PS trilogy and Trainer and LSAC practice tests. Damn LSAC! lol

definitely illegal. LSAC still has a copyright over the material.



That would make sense. I wonder how Amazon/Ebay would have allowed the users to sell it? I know you usually have to enter in the book's info when you attempt to sell it. I think they had removed the pages and put into a binder so as to sell as a set without including that number. In any case, I wish it weren't so hard to get the old packets. Or I wish the LSAC made packets like Cambridge had for a reasonable price.

are they selling printed PDFs? I've only seen the actual book version that Cambridge used to sell.

User avatar
Barack O'Drama

Gold
Posts: 3275
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:21 pm

Re: Cambridge Packets

Postby Barack O'Drama » Tue May 31, 2016 12:42 am

proteinshake wrote:
Barack O'Drama wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
Barack O'Drama wrote:
jnwa wrote:I bought the PDF drill packets back when they were still available and still have them. I know selling/giving them away was illegal before but is that still the case now that Cambridge doesn't sell them anymore?



Hmm now that's actually a good question? I have seen for sale online recently (I think I saw one sell about 3 weeks ago) I have no way of knowing if it was 100% legal, but it sold. I can't remember if it was on Ebay or Amazon for the life of me. When I was beginning my prep after graduation a few weeks ago I just couldn't spend that much so settled for the PS trilogy and Trainer and LSAC practice tests. Damn LSAC! lol

definitely illegal. LSAC still has a copyright over the material.



That would make sense. I wonder how Amazon/Ebay would have allowed the users to sell it? I know you usually have to enter in the book's info when you attempt to sell it. I think they had removed the pages and put into a binder so as to sell as a set without including that number. In any case, I wish it weren't so hard to get the old packets. Or I wish the LSAC made packets like Cambridge had for a reasonable price.

are they selling printed PDFs? I've only seen the actual book version that Cambridge used to sell.


Yeah, it was on Ebay my friend who is also studying for the LSAT just told me. It was the original book version from what she remembers when we both saw it. I wonder how in god's name that slipped past Ebay copyright laws.
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
proteinshake

Gold
Posts: 4643
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Re: Cambridge Packets

Postby proteinshake » Tue May 31, 2016 12:45 am

Barack O'Drama wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
Barack O'Drama wrote:
proteinshake wrote:
Barack O'Drama wrote:
jnwa wrote:I bought the PDF drill packets back when they were still available and still have them. I know selling/giving them away was illegal before but is that still the case now that Cambridge doesn't sell them anymore?



Hmm now that's actually a good question? I have seen for sale online recently (I think I saw one sell about 3 weeks ago) I have no way of knowing if it was 100% legal, but it sold. I can't remember if it was on Ebay or Amazon for the life of me. When I was beginning my prep after graduation a few weeks ago I just couldn't spend that much so settled for the PS trilogy and Trainer and LSAC practice tests. Damn LSAC! lol

definitely illegal. LSAC still has a copyright over the material.



That would make sense. I wonder how Amazon/Ebay would have allowed the users to sell it? I know you usually have to enter in the book's info when you attempt to sell it. I think they had removed the pages and put into a binder so as to sell as a set without including that number. In any case, I wish it weren't so hard to get the old packets. Or I wish the LSAC made packets like Cambridge had for a reasonable price.

are they selling printed PDFs? I've only seen the actual book version that Cambridge used to sell.


Yeah, it was on Ebay my friend who is also studying for the LSAT just told me. It was the original book version from what she remembers when we both saw it. I wonder how in god's name that slipped past Ebay copyright laws.

well I think you can sell the books, but not the PDFs (if you could give away PDFs then everyone would just get them for free). by selling the books, you aren't making a profit at the expense of LSAC, while if you sold PDFs, you would.



Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 7 guests