What are realistic goals to set?

jeez29

What are realistic goals to set?

Postby jeez29 » Tue May 24, 2016 1:31 pm

While the LSAT is still far away for me, I was wondering based on my performance thus far what goals are realistic to set for when I do start studying seriously.

In an average of 38 minutes, I can get usually around -4 or -5 on LR. In RC, I can get usually -5 to -7 wrong in about 40 minutes. I haven't bothered with logic games yet, knowing that I need to study first before I can get any significant amount right.

As far as LR and RC goes, is it a viable goal to get the number I get wrong per section consistently at or lower than -3 if I drill questions and study concepts based on my starting point?

somethingElse

Re: What are realistic goals to set?

Postby somethingElse » Tue May 24, 2016 1:50 pm

180 should be your goal.

Blueprint Mithun

Re: What are realistic goals to set?

Postby Blueprint Mithun » Wed May 25, 2016 12:03 pm

jeez29 wrote:While the LSAT is still far away for me, I was wondering based on my performance thus far what goals are realistic to set for when I do start studying seriously.

In an average of 38 minutes, I can get usually around -4 or -5 on LR. In RC, I can get usually -5 to -7 wrong in about 40 minutes. I haven't bothered with logic games yet, knowing that I need to study first before I can get any significant amount right.

As far as LR and RC goes, is it a viable goal to get the number I get wrong per section consistently at or lower than -3 if I drill questions and study concepts based on my starting point?

Yes, that's viable. I say that because this is a very learnable test, and through practice, your pattern recognition, familiarity with the material, and the speed at which you work through the question will all improve, given that you study consistently and effectively. No one can say for sure how long that will take, since every student is different. You just have to go for it, and I recommend starting to study "seriously" as soon as possible.

As for a target score, that's really up to you and what your goals are. What schools do you really want to go to? How much scholarship money do you need/want from them in order to making attending that school worth it? Do the research - that information is all over the internet. Based on that, what score would you be happy enough with to the point that you wouldn't feel the need to retake?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”