Europe (DE) LSAT Start Time Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
sharkweek

New

Europe (DE) LSAT Start Time

Post by sharkweek » Thu May 12, 2016 10:00 am

Does anyone know what time the European LSAT begins (specifically TU München)? I see on LSAC that the time isn't necessarily the regular 8:30 start time. I'm less concerned with the exact start time and more about whether it happens in the morning or afternoon if anyone has even this information.

grades??

Silver

Re: Europe (DE) LSAT Start Time

Post by grades?? » Thu May 12, 2016 10:06 am

sharkweek wrote:Does anyone know what time the European LSAT begins (specifically TU München)? I see on LSAC that the time isn't necessarily the regular 8:30 start time. I'm less concerned with the exact start time and more about whether it happens in the morning or afternoon if anyone has even this information.
You have to contact LSAC. Ive had both 830 and 230 start times for the european exam (taken it a few times in europe). So best answer is it can be either morning or afternoon, so contact the LSAC asap.

Sometimes the give the exam early in the morning the day after it was given in the USA, or they give it in the afternoon starting at the same time as the USA exam just 5/6/7 hours ahead depending on where you are in Europe. So it literally can be either early morning, or sometime in the afternoon. I remember my first lsat in Europe I finished the exam at 730 pm.

sharkweek

New

Post by sharkweek » Thu May 12, 2016 10:09 am

Awesome, thank you. Just out of curiosity, how was your test experience like in Europe? I have only taken in the US before.

grades??

Silver

Post by grades?? » Thu May 12, 2016 10:14 am

Ive heard conflicting things. Both my exams were fine, but the second time I took it I took it alone (i.e. I was too far away from the only place in the region in Europe that had the exam and had to request an alternative site). Ive heard the test in London is a pain because its pretty much every american in western europe heads to london to take the exam.

If you are traveling to the site, make sure you find a locker at a train station for your bag. My first time taking the exam we had kids fly in from a bunch of places but no place for their bags at the school. They had to leave everything out in the open with no-one watching them. If you have anything cause you are traveling, lock it up at a train station.

Otherwise, it is just the lsat with a proctor with a funny accent. Be prepared for unique questions though, they use the international exam to test questions like the Feb. exam in the usa. So you can get some crazy games that are from the original 10 lsats.

sharkweek

New

Post by sharkweek » Thu May 12, 2016 10:21 am

That's good advice about the bags. I do have to travel far enough that I will go the night before. Just called LSAC, looks like the exam for this specific location is the afternoon one.
grades?? wrote:Be prepared for unique questions though, they use the international exam to test questions like the Feb. exam in the usa. So you can get some crazy games that are from the original 10 lsats.
Is this posted or sourced somewhere? I'd like to prepare as specifically as possible and I have access to all the old exams so if old games are common I could spend additional time on them.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

grades??

Silver

Post by grades?? » Thu May 12, 2016 10:29 am

sharkweek wrote:That's good advice about the bags. I do have to travel far enough that I will go the night before. Just called LSAC, looks like the exam for this specific location is the afternoon one.
grades?? wrote:Be prepared for unique questions though, they use the international exam to test questions like the Feb. exam in the usa. So you can get some crazy games that are from the original 10 lsats.
Is this posted or sourced somewhere? I'd like to prepare as specifically as possible and I have access to all the old exams so if old games are common I could spend additional time on them.
Id just say Ive taken it in europe twice. Both times I've had older games from the first 10 lsats or so that no one has seen in a US lsat yet. So yes, id be prepared for older, weirder games they may be testing. Source- I've seen it with my own eyes and done them haha. But the actual questions are never released so you can't exactly go and find those games. But they are certainly trying to bring back old/weird/harder games because the games from lsats 60ish to 76 or whatever it is at now are pretty standard and consistent. So yes, practice those old games.

sharkweek

New

Post by sharkweek » Thu May 12, 2016 10:34 am

grades?? wrote:
sharkweek wrote:That's good advice about the bags. I do have to travel far enough that I will go the night before. Just called LSAC, looks like the exam for this specific location is the afternoon one.
Source- I've seen it with my own eyes and done them haha.
Didn't mean that to come across as aggressive, just was wondering if you had an LSAT source I didn't know about :o

Thank's for all the input. I didn't know if there were any Euro test takers on this board.

New_Spice180

Bronze

Post by New_Spice180 » Thu May 12, 2016 10:49 am

sharkweek wrote:Does anyone know what time the European LSAT begins (specifically TU München)? I see on LSAC that the time isn't necessarily the regular 8:30 start time. I'm less concerned with the exact start time and more about whether it happens in the morning or afternoon if anyone has even this information.
I was in Paris when I took mine, and I believe the time was 2:30 pm( 14:30). Definitely an interesting experience. I met some Canadians, people from Switzerland, etc. The proctor was an overly aggressive American, looked like he had been proctoring exams all day by the time we were all ready to take the exam.

SamuelDanforth

Bronze

Post by SamuelDanforth » Thu May 12, 2016 11:10 am

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”