Why aren't Feb LSAT curves/scale released? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Broncos15

Bronze

Why aren't Feb LSAT curves/scale released?

Post by Broncos15 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:18 pm

Hello,

I know the reasoning behind why the Feb test is nondisclosed....but why does LSAC leave the curve/scale undisclosed? I feel they could insert that in the score report and keep the questions/answers undisclosed.

It would make literally no impact on future takers to release the scale even if LSAC had to reuse an exam in an emergency situation.

zoov

New

Re: Why aren't Feb LSAT curves/scale released?

Post by zoov » Wed May 11, 2016 8:35 pm

Broncos15 wrote:Hello,

I know the reasoning behind why the Feb test is nondisclosed....but why does LSAC leave the curve/scale undisclosed? I feel they could insert that in the score report and keep the questions/answers undisclosed.

It would make literally no impact on future takers to release the scale even if LSAC had to reuse an exam in an emergency situation.
I was told by an LSAT instructor that it is that they serve as extreme backup tests if LSAC needs to administer a test and does not have one. They can also have parts that are repeated later or be "super" experimental tests. "Reasons"

grades??

Silver

Re: Why aren't Feb LSAT curves/scale released?

Post by grades?? » Wed May 11, 2016 9:21 pm

zoov wrote:
Broncos15 wrote:Hello,

I was told by an LSAT instructor that it is that they serve as extreme backup tests if LSAC needs to administer a test and does not have one. They can also have parts that are repeated later or be "super" experimental tests. "Reasons"
They are also used in international exams.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”