3 month study plan and suggested Practice Tests

lsatsighhhh

3 month study plan and suggested Practice Tests

Postby lsatsighhhh » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:23 am

Hey all,

I am retaking the LSAT this June and would like some suggestions on which practice tests I should take? Also, how many practice tests are people taking in the span of 3 months?

Lastly, if any of you used a self study schedule, please share...I would love some suggestions.

I am working full-time and would like to study about 4-5 hours every night and 5-7 hours on both saturdays & sundays. I was thinking 3-4 PTs a week, but I hear other saying no more than once or twice a week.

Would love people's feedback:) thank you in advance!

RamTitan

Re: 3 month study plan and suggested Practice Tests

Postby RamTitan » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:37 pm

Doing full timed practice tests during the week is hard when working full-time; I'm actually about to quit my job so I can focus more.

With that said, if you did every practice test from LSAT 50 on, that would give you 25-26 of the most recent tests. I would use these for full tests, and use the earlier ones for drilling purposes.

lsatsighhhh

Postby lsatsighhhh » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:33 pm

Thank you! I will try that out.

I want to take time off work, but I cant right now :(

Blueprint Mithun

Postby Blueprint Mithun » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:27 pm

lsatsighhhh wrote:Hey all,

I am retaking the LSAT this June and would like some suggestions on which practice tests I should take? Also, how many practice tests are people taking in the span of 3 months?

Lastly, if any of you used a self study schedule, please share...I would love some suggestions.

I am working full-time and would like to study about 4-5 hours every night and 5-7 hours on both saturdays & sundays. I was thinking 3-4 PTs a week, but I hear other saying no more than once or twice a week.

Would love people's feedback:) thank you in advance!

3 Preptests a week is plenty - 4 sounds like a bit much with a full-time schedule. Careful not to burn yourself out. It's great to take lots of timed PTs, but reviewing them carefully is just as important. When I was PTing, I wouldn't review them until the next day. After I did so, I'd do a few sections or drill some q.types for practice, rather than taking a whole test. Following this schedule, I was able to do a PT every other day, with one day off per week and reviewing/drilling on non-PT days, for a solid month and a half before the LSAT. I noticed my endurance and accuracy improving slowly but surely throughout. I was working part-time, not full-time, so keep that in mind.

As for which PTs to take, the more recent, the better. I like to take experimental sections from old tests (1-30), though. And save some of the most recent preptests (late 60s and 70s) for the last few weeks leading up to the test. They are the most similar to the current iteration of the LSAT, and will give you the closest idea of how you'll score.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”