PTing with two experimental sections? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
carasrook

Bronze

PTing with two experimental sections?

Post by carasrook » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:03 pm

Just wondering what the general advice would be for taking PTs with two experimental sections. I've read that this is effective because it makes test day feel like a piece of cake, but that's also a lot of extra time/effort during training that I don't want to use if it won't help me significantly.

Has anyone tried this? Think it's worth it?

Bearlyalive

Silver

Re: PTing with two experimental sections?

Post by Bearlyalive » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:15 pm

carasrook wrote:Just wondering what the general advice would be for taking PTs with two experimental sections. I've read that this is effective because it makes test day feel like a piece of cake, but that's also a lot of extra time/effort during training that I don't want to use if it won't help me significantly.

I didn't do two experimentals, but I did do two tests back to back a few times in the 2 weeks before my exam, and I definitely think it was valuable. It sucked, but it made the test itself a piece of cake by comparison. Train for a 10k by running a marathon, and all that good stuff.

So, I think that the general idea is at least sound. Individual user results may vary.

fliptrip

Gold

Post by fliptrip » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:25 pm

carasrook wrote:Just wondering what the general advice would be for taking PTs with two experimental sections. I've read that this is effective because it makes test day feel like a piece of cake, but that's also a lot of extra time/effort during training that I don't want to use if it won't help me significantly.

Seems like overkill to me.

mathis1490

Bronze

Post by mathis1490 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:41 pm

This worked exceptionally well for me. I went from 161 diagnostic to 174 on test day.
Test day felt like a breeze, just another day.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”