Test day Photo ID??

carasrook

Test day Photo ID??

Postby carasrook » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:10 pm

Hi all -

I currently reside in (and will be taking the LSAT in) a different state than the state my driver's license is issued in. Does this matter for bringing my driver's license as my form of ID on test day?

Thanks!

bnssweeney

Re: Test day Photo ID??

Postby bnssweeney » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:13 pm

I would think you're fine. Just make sure the name on your ticket matches exactly with the name on your state issued ID. If you have any doubts call LSAC.

AbbeyS

Postby AbbeyS » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:41 pm

I can't imagine it would be a problem, but personally I'd bring a second form of ID just to be on the safe side.

I believe your address on your ticket has to match the address (as well as name, birthdate) on your license though....so if it doesn't then just bring a second form

lizzielemon

Postby lizzielemon » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:23 pm

AbbeyS wrote:I can't imagine it would be a problem, but personally I'd bring a second form of ID just to be on the safe side.

I believe your address on your ticket has to match the address (as well as name, birthdate) on your license though....so if it doesn't then just bring a second form

My address didn't match. I've moved a 100 times since I got my license and at least here in California, you don't get an updated ID each time you move.

However, name, birth date and picture have to match.

carasrook

Postby carasrook » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:04 pm

lizzielemon wrote:
AbbeyS wrote:I can't imagine it would be a problem, but personally I'd bring a second form of ID just to be on the safe side.

My address didn't match. I've moved a 100 times since I got my license and at least here in California, you don't get an updated ID each time you move.

Address doesn't match. I'll bring a second form of ID just to be safe. Thanks everyone!

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:08 pm

I don't think the address matters. They know most of the people taking the exam are students and students frequently don't have ID from the state they're in.

AbbeyS

Postby AbbeyS » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:20 pm

You guys are probably right. Scratch the address matching part. Just make sure your name and birthdate match...bring the second form if you are worried. I believe you can also talk to LSAC directly about confirming your ID is acceptable.

capricasixx

Postby capricasixx » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:31 pm

lizzielemon wrote:

Spot on about California - my license has an address from like, four moves ago (so two years). LSAC has my current address on file, but that didn't cause a problem for me.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”