LSAT proctors messed up my administration. Report to LSAC? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Bahamut79

New

LSAT proctors messed up my administration. Report to LSAC?

Post by Bahamut79 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:36 pm

Hello, I'm new to posting here and will keep it brief, but I just took the February administration this morning as a retake to my December examination because I froze and messed up my on logic games the first go-around. I was still planning to go ahead and apply this upcoming fall 2016 cycle with my February score as I know I've improved since December in general.

However, during the actual administration, my proctors mistakenly called 5 minutes left about 12 minutes before the end of the reading comprehension section. After some complaints, they adjusted it a few minutes later, but still ended up cutting us off about 3-4 minutes short. I then wasted some time raising my hand and complaining about that, but they did nothing about it. At first, I thought my wristwatch might have just been broken or something, but it worked perfectly accurately in following section and during the break, I discussed it with other people who also noticed; one of which complained to a proctor. The proctors still did nothing about it.

What would LSAC do if I report this to them? It is absolutely not acceptable and will severely impact my score. Not happy. :(

Thanks for any advice guys.

anvega1

New

Re: LSAT proctors messed up my administration. Report to LSAC?

Post by anvega1 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:22 pm

By any chance did you take your LSAT somewhere in Texas? I ask because the same thing happened to me but by my watch there was about 14 minutes left. I'm going to submit a complaint to lsac because not only did it cause me to rush through the section but i was so upset I had a difficult time focusing on the remaining sections.

Bahamut79

New

Post by Bahamut79 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:33 pm

anvega1 wrote:By any chance did you take your LSAT somewhere in Texas? I ask because the same thing happened to me but by my watch there was about 14 minutes left. I'm going to submit a complaint to lsac because not only did it cause me to rush through the section but i was so upset I had a difficult time focusing on the remaining sections.
No, but I wish I was in Texas right now. It's too cold up north.

I hope it works out for you, I have no idea what the LSAC does with these situations.

anvega1

New

Post by anvega1 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:41 pm

I'm going to place a complaint. I've already looked at the lsac page for complaints about the LSAT administration and it says you must put in a request by fax or email no later than 6 days after your test. I hope something is done. Hopefully things work out for you as well.

DKilloranPowerScore

Bronze

Post by DKilloranPowerScore » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:20 pm

I see you guys aren't getting much feedback on this, so I'll jump in. The usual procedure here is that not much happens. If the incident is confirmed, there's a decent chance they'll let you take the June LSAT for free, but that's about it. You won't get a retake of February, and you won't get to see your score and then decide if you want to cancel. Their overall approach seems to be, "these things happen and it's out of our control."

Sorry to be the bearer of somewhat bad news...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

appind

Gold

Post by appind » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:06 pm

You should still file a complaint as it's absolutely unacceptable. It would have been best if proctors accepted their mistake, without which it becomes a dispute. But if many people come forward with the same story then lsac will have reason to not side with proctors. At the end it's lsac failure to provide you with the fair test conditions.

DKilloranPowerScore

Bronze

Post by DKilloranPowerScore » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:32 pm

appind wrote:You should still file a complaint as it's absolutely unacceptable. It would have been best if proctors accepted their mistake, without which it becomes a dispute. But if many people come forward with the same story then lsac will have reason to not side with proctors. At the end it's lsac failure to provide you with the fair test conditions.
Great points here, and if I wasn't clear, I totally agree that you should file a complaint. They need to be held accountable, and a free retake is better than nothing. Plus, if you keep your score, they will often place a note in your file that the test was administered under "adverse conditions." So, definitely worth your time, and you could help others too.

Best of luck with it!

Bahamut79

New

Post by Bahamut79 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:35 pm

DKilloranPowerScore wrote:
appind wrote:You should still file a complaint as it's absolutely unacceptable. It would have been best if proctors accepted their mistake, without which it becomes a dispute. But if many people come forward with the same story then lsac will have reason to not side with proctors. At the end it's lsac failure to provide you with the fair test conditions.
Great points here, and if I wasn't clear, I totally agree that you should file a complaint. They need to be held accountable, and a free retake is better than nothing. Plus, if you keep your score, they will often place a note in your file that the test was administered under "adverse conditions." So, definitely worth your time, and you could help others too.

Best of luck with it!
Thanks for both your advice. Just one question about the note about adverse conditions. This was my second chance at the exam and what I'm really worried about is hitting the 3 time limit with the next one. Could this incident make it easy to get approved for a fourth one if need be? Thanks.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”