Re-take; Concentrating on RC, HELP! Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
lawschoolgirl312

Bronze

Re-take; Concentrating on RC, HELP!

Post by lawschoolgirl312 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:01 am

I need to re-take in October for the LSAT. My biggest weakness is RC, I got -8 on the december test.

I have already done the manhattan RC book and didn't really find it helpful. Do any of you have little tips that you do when you study for RC?

Thanks!

Clearly

Gold

Re: Re-take; Concentrating on RC, HELP!

Post by Clearly » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:16 am

Try different styles. What I've found teaching this section is that there's really no right approach for everyone. When I was studying RC out of books I tried notations, underlining, bracketing, summarizing, highlighting etc. I got a bit better but eventually found I do best if I can convince myself I'm interested in a passage on a personal level, and just read it straight through like a newspaper article. It turns out that for me, breaking to underline cost more in focus and flow than it generated in...having things underlined. As I got used to the questions naturally, and got better at convincing myself that I genuinely looked forward to learning what this article was teaching, I found my recall improving dramatically, and with it my score.

On the other hand I have many students who improve through a refined system of notation. My real message is experiment and find YOUR solution.

lawschoolgirl312

Bronze

Post by lawschoolgirl312 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:16 am

when would you suggest i start re-studying if I plan to take it in October?

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:21 am

Depends how good you are at other sections, how much material you have left, etc

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”