Now till December Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
kepani

New

Now till December

Post by kepani » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:35 pm

hey all,

scheduled to sit for the December exam. i took a few weeks off upon taking the October test, and after receiving my score I've completed my applications.

I haven't looked at anything LSAT related prior to today, and was wondering if anyone has advice on how I should move forward. I have BP's question specific drilling packets already printed out, and have read through Powerscore's LR books. I was planning on re-reading the Powerscore LR book, and begin drilling today and for the rest of the few weeks I have left till December 5th.

any thoughts?

kylemolodets

Bronze

Re: Now till December

Post by kylemolodets » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:56 am

Feel free to join us in the December thread, I think it will be useful to you!

If I were you, I would start off with taking a diagnostic test, just to see where you are at. From there, adjust your studying and drilling to work on areas that are lacking.

Blueprint Mithun

Bronze

Re: Now till December

Post by Blueprint Mithun » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:00 pm

kepani wrote:hey all,

scheduled to sit for the December exam. i took a few weeks off upon taking the October test, and after receiving my score I've completed my applications.

I haven't looked at anything LSAT related prior to today, and was wondering if anyone has advice on how I should move forward. I have BP's question specific drilling packets already printed out, and have read through Powerscore's LR books. I was planning on re-reading the Powerscore LR book, and begin drilling today and for the rest of the few weeks I have left till December 5th.

any thoughts?
Start by taking a preptest to see where you're at. Then work through those BP packets and keep note of which question types give you more trouble. Mix it up by drilling some full sections too, and count your wrong answers by question type to see if you have any weakness. Always review carefully, i.e., if you're looking at a question that you got wrong, don't move on until you're sure as to why each of the 4 answers are wrong.

Don't forget to work in timed practice. You don't have a ton of time, so you'll want to do regular preptests, at least a couple per week. Do timed sections as well. It might help to use a different LR book as well, so that you're getting a fresh perspective. If you preferred any of the old methods, you can always go back to your first book.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”