LSAT questions - Practice Tests Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
YinFireHare

New

LSAT questions - Practice Tests

Post by YinFireHare » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:19 am

1) When, after getting a good practice score, shouldn't you take the exam right away because if you quit practicing then don't you lose your skills? Do skills degrade over time?

2) Do I want to be taking new practice tests 1 month or very close prior to the exam?

3) In the section ordering of the PTs given by LSAC... do they keep the original order (minus the experimental section inserted in there somewhere) ? So it's going to be accurate numbering except the sections before and after the experimental.

Thanks in advance for your help

kylemolodets

Bronze

Re: LSAT questions - Practice Tests

Post by kylemolodets » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:51 am

YinFireHare wrote:1) When, after getting a good practice score, shouldn't you take the exam right away because if you quit practicing then don't you lose your skills? Do skills degrade over time?

2) Do I want to be taking new practice tests 1 month or very close prior to the exam?

3) In the section ordering of the PTs given by LSAC... do they keep the original order (minus the experimental section inserted in there somewhere) ? So it's going to be accurate numbering except the sections before and after the experimental.

1. You want consistently good scores, aberrations happen. Make sure it's a habit and not just a lucky day.
2. To some, one month is close to the exam. I know I feel that way! How many do you have? I think the consensus is 2 a week is fine, but anymore than 3 a week is overkill because you aren't getting good evaluation time on what you have already done while building the skills to fix your errors. (Correct me if I"m wrong TLS vets). That being said, If you have over 7 or 8 newer ones it shouldn't be an issue for you.
3. Yes

Blueprint Mithun

Bronze

Re: LSAT questions - Practice Tests

Post by Blueprint Mithun » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:51 pm

YinFireHare wrote:1) When, after getting a good practice score, shouldn't you take the exam right away because if you quit practicing then don't you lose your skills? Do skills degrade over time?

1. You shouldn't take a single outlying PT score too seriously. If you take maybe 3-5 preptests and get around the same score on all of them, then that's a pretty reliable indicator of how you'll do. Your skills will probably degrade if you don't study/practice for a while. Even if you're incredibly busy on a particular day, it's worth trying to squeeze in at least 10-15 of prep, just to keep your mind on track.

2. 1 month is pretty close to the exam, so yes! If you do 3 PTs a week during your last month, you'll need around 12 preptests just for that month. I think getting 12 of the most recent PTs is a worthy investment, if you can afford it.

3. Yup.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”