Scored 171, aiming for HYS - worth a retake? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
ctl95

New

Scored 171, aiming for HYS - worth a retake?

Post by ctl95 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:41 am

I was scoring 175-180 in PTs, Oct 3 was a really bad day for me (I almost cancelled my score, but decided against it just in case), but also I've been finding more recent PTs more difficult. I'm in my third year of UG, so will be applying for enrolment for fall of 2017. My LSDAS GPA is currently 3.98 so I have another year to work on it, and expect to raise it to 4.11 ish by the time I apply - but it's only so high because my UG (in Canada) gives out A+s, which I hear some law schools take into account, and penalize?

Anyways, I probably can't retake this December (extremely busy, and just feeling burned out). I would want to study a lot more before I retake (if I retake), since I felt less confident with the more recent PTs, and was a bit lazy in my studying (did the Logic Games bible and half the Logical Reasoning bible, bulk of studying was doing 35 ish PTs). But is it worth studying again and retaking, given that Yale and Stanford take into account both scores? & if so, in Feb, June, or Sept?

Clearly

Gold

Re: Scored 171, aiming for HYS - worth a retake?

Post by Clearly » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:09 am

If you were comfortably scoring 175+ I would likely retake, especially since you're not applying right away anyway.

I have some unrelated questions though, I'm always stumped by the HYS or bust crowd. What do you want to do in your legal career?

ctl95

New

Post by ctl95 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:24 am

Clearly wrote:If you were comfortably scoring 175+ I would likely retake, especially since you're not applying right away anyway.

I have some unrelated questions though, I'm always stumped by the HYS or bust crowd. What do you want to do in your legal career?
I want to go corporate, but the HYS goal for me is largely because of money - I'm from Canada and the top law schools here (ie. U of T, UBC) are ranked fairly high but much cheaper than American law schools, so to me it's really only worth paying the $$$ for HYS (if I don't get in, I'll stay in Canada :P )

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:02 am

Why not just go the CCNP for free or close to it? Those schools are looking at pretty comparable biglaw placement and with your numbers you'd get big money, especially with a retake.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”