I keep bombing PT's Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
WaitersIsland

Bronze

I keep bombing PT's

Post by WaitersIsland » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:11 am

The last three PT's I've taken I have done very poorly on relative to my PT's from a month or so ago. When I do timed sections and drilling I am performing quite well, but can't seem to put it to use in PT's lately.

Any advice? Am I psyching myself out before I take the PT's? Burnt out? I can't seem to figure out what the issue is.

daisrt

Bronze

Re: I keep bombing PT's

Post by daisrt » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:31 am

WaitersIsland wrote:The last three PT's I've taken I have done very poorly on relative to my PT's from a month or so ago. When I do timed sections and drilling I am performing quite well, but can't seem to put it to use in PT's lately.

Any advice? Am I psyching myself out before I take the PT's? Burnt out? I can't seem to figure out what the issue is.
I feel like I have a similar issue. Maybe look at your PTs and see the questions you are getting wrong and see if you can spot any consistencies in question type, etc?

Totally also plausible that you're burned out- I'm definitely in the same boat. If this is the case you should stop taking (fresh) PTs for a while because you definitely don't want to waste new PTs, especially the newer ones...

scalawag

Bronze

Post by scalawag » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:21 pm

Hey Waiters I am in a similar boat.

I was scoring in the 160s and realized from my scores and reading this website the highest I could reach objectively is ~168.

Between that and some work that popped back up I wasn't studying as much.

What I am doing right now is remembering what I was doing to score that high. I was drilling logic games probably 6 hours a day running 7 miles a day just doing it all the time. I was hungry and it was a high so I need to get close to that again.

I was unable to log in to LSAC's website Obctober 3rd, the backend had a glitch or part of it was down because I wasn't able to print out the ticket for October. I couldn't email a password reset and it just wasn't working. So the best thing I can do is score closer to my peak so I can have a shot at not being in debt.

Good luck to you, take a break if you really need it but think in terms of hours a day and the amount of time it took to get your score (for me it was only a couple of weeks).

Abraham Lincoln Uni.

Bronze

Post by Abraham Lincoln Uni. » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:36 pm

It very well could be your are overloading and burning yourself out. It is suggested to see whether it is a specific area that you continue to miss or simply because you are exhausted. Try to relax and not overload on the studying because you may reach your peak and then scores will drop as opposed to constantly improving.

First determine if it is a subject matter, if not, than it is just overworking yourself.

WaitersIsland

Bronze

Post by WaitersIsland » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:14 am

scalawag wrote:Hey Waiters I am in a similar boat.

I was scoring in the 160s and realized from my scores and reading this website the highest I could reach objectively is ~168.

Between that and some work that popped back up I wasn't studying as much.

What I am doing right now is remembering what I was doing to score that high. I was drilling logic games probably 6 hours a day running 7 miles a day just doing it all the time. I was hungry and it was a high so I need to get close to that again.

I was unable to log in to LSAC's website Obctober 3rd, the backend had a glitch or part of it was down because I wasn't able to print out the ticket for October. I couldn't email a password reset and it just wasn't working. So the best thing I can do is score closer to my peak so I can have a shot at not being in debt.

Good luck to you, take a break if you really need it but think in terms of hours a day and the amount of time it took to get your score (for me it was only a couple of weeks).
This helps. When I was at my best, I was drilling LG hard and always getting perfects in that section. I started to take it for granted and stopped drilling those as hard, and my scores lately have been -3 to -5. I need to get back to perfecting LG. I also think I'm going to take this weekend off from studying. I've been going 3-4 hours a day pretty much every day for the last month and a half. My brain just feels sluggish some days, especially in the afternoon after work. Hopefully these few days off will help reenergize me and push me back on track towards my goal of 170.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”